Specialized S-Works 8 Road Shoes?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Man, not a fan of the whole wider fit thing. Why change something so fundamental, rather than take the Lake approach and just have standard, wide and xtra wide models?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

aeroisnteverything wrote:Man, not a fan of the whole wider fit thing. Why change something so fundamental, rather than take the Lake approach and just have standard, wide and xtra wide models?
The bikeradar mentions a narrow version so maybe just take that one??

AW84

by AW84

"Let's just fix the things we fk'ed up with the two previous generations of shoe, slap a fancy new/recycled name on 'em, and charge them $50 more."

Wouldn't expect anything less from this company.

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

AW84 wrote:"Let's just fix the things we fk'ed up with the two previous generations of shoe, slap a fancy new/recycled name on 'em, and charge them $50 more."

Wouldn't expect anything less from this company.
Judging from the amount of riders in the pro peloton they can’t have *f##k* up that hard.
And yeah, shame on them for continuous improvement and adjusting their prizes for increased costs/r&d/inflation and also their margin. PR-speak is to be expected but come on man…

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

scottydonald wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:03 pm
I have only ever had black cycling shoes and tempted to order whote for a change, how easy is it to keep them clean?
I have the Exos in white and they still remain white and easy to clean. I use them for gravel too. If they get dusty I just wipe them down with a wet towel. White shoes look very classy. The material they use is very durable and will remain white. I never had to resort to harsh chemicals to clean the shoes.

MAsshole

by MAsshole

ill be curious as to see how much wider they are than the RC902

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

MAsshole wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:00 pm
ill be curious as to see how much wider they are than the RC902
Should be quite a bit. RC902 is too narrow for me at the widest point of the foot (MTP joint). SWorks 7/lace provides enough width and a perfectly secure hold. With this new shoe, I am worried about too much room and having to crank down the dials too much.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 9:35 pm
scottydonald wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:03 pm
I have only ever had black cycling shoes and tempted to order whote for a change, how easy is it to keep them clean?
I have the Exos in white and they still remain white and easy to clean. I use them for gravel too. If they get dusty I just wipe them down with a wet towel. White shoes look very classy. The material they use is very durable and will remain white. I never had to resort to harsh chemicals to clean the shoes.
Careful with these new ones. They don't use dyneema anymore, which is the material in Sworks 7 and Exos, and it is indeed easy to keep looking fresh. This shoe is going to be a different beast, cleaning-wise. Cyclingtips is sounding a note of caution with the white ones.

ArtifactsInMotion

by ArtifactsInMotion

pokhim wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:40 pm
Where is the wide version though?? Can't see it on sale anywhere.
I called in today asking the same. Apparently the wide versions are soon to be released, and only in black (from what the service rep could tell, but could be more by the time they're actually released)
'22 Orbea Orca Aero 57cm, DA92, Bontrager RSL62, GP5KSTR 28mm, Roval Rapide Cockpit, SLR Superflow Carbonio, 7.8kg

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

7's are on sale down to $350 right now. Snagged a pair plus the 15% off coupon.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

justonwo

by justonwo

Wider doesn't work for me. They make a wide, narrow, and regular version (black only), but my experience with the S-Works 7 is that even narrow doesn't work well for me. Pretty happy with my S-Works 6 and Lakes.
2020 F12 AXS Red (Zipp 353)
2021 S-Works Aethos Di2 9200 (Alpinist CLX II)
2006 Cervelo Soloist
2021 S-Works Epic
2024 Topstone Lab71 (Force/XX1, Terra CLX II)

Retired: 2014 and 2020 S-Works Roubaix
2020 Canyon Ultimate
2018 S-Works Camber

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

I am really interested in real customer reviews. All the Magazins make it sound like absolutely everyone was craving for a wider shoe, which I really wasn't.

Also, the weird platform that the bolt interface is on, makes it look like this will yield a very bad transition to Speedplay cleats.

Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:38 am
I am really interested in real customer reviews. All the Magazins make it sound like absolutely everyone was craving for a wider shoe, which I really wasn't.

Also, the weird platform that the bolt interface is on, makes it look like this will yield a very bad transition to Speedplay cleats.

Starting to look a little bit like a Lake sole.

scottydonald

by scottydonald

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 9:35 pm
I just went for it, always read white shoes are faster.
aeroisnteverything wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:41 pm
Careful with these new ones. They don't use dyneema anymore, which is the material in Sworks 7 and Exos, and it is indeed easy to keep looking fresh. This shoe is going to be a different beast, cleaning-wise. Cyclingtips is sounding a note of caution with the white ones.
read that but will just have to get into the habbit of wiping these down properly every ride adn not use them when proper wet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scottydonald

by scottydonald

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:38 am

I have long narrow feet and ordered so i can let you know hopefully after this weekend.