Jockey Wheels Campagnolo Super Record 12s - C-Bear Full Ceramic

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Hello

Being on Campagnolo Super Record 12s, i've check the jockey wheels aren't bearings, but rollers - see picture, complitly dry from factory.

I would like to know if anyone is using after market Ceramic options?

I narrowed my choise to 3 options:

C-Bear Campagnolo 12s Full Ceramic - 179€ ports inc. - A little hard to justify the price VS function - Derlin so low noise
C-Bear Campagnolo 12s Ceramic - 108€ ports inc. - Derlin so low noise
CyclingCeramic 12s - 129€ inc. ports - AL7075 - increse noise expected, from a not so quiet Group. My Sram Red AXS is quieter using the same lub - Dynamic Speedpotion.

I will apreciate an option on users of this Group/ 12s Campagnolo
Thanks
Nuno
Attachments
campagnolo-super-record-pulley-wheels-8-0mm-12s-.jpg
Last edited by elfuinha on Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Any thoughts on this subject???

Lina

by Lina

Complete waste of money.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Any interesting thoughts on this subject?

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Complete waste of hard earned money? :mrgreen:

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

I get cutting grams, friction, etc but there comes a point where I tap out. I just do not see that being a real issue with me. Of course, that does not mean you should not continue your quest for the lowest friction possible.

I know that the original 11sp stuff had ceramic bushings and bearings in their pulleys. I'm not certain if they are interchangeable or even if you could find it.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Butcher wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:31 pm
I get cutting grams, friction, etc but there comes a point where I tap out. I just do not see that being a real issue with me. Of course, that does not mean you should not continue your quest for the lowest friction possible.

I know that the original 11sp stuff had ceramic bushings and bearings in their pulleys. I'm not certain if they are interchangeable or even if you could find it.
I've also had the previeus Group Super Record 11s, and changed the original pulley for the tacx Ceramic that were about 35€... and it was a very, very, very good improvement on the original pulleys, and very cheap.

And yes the 11s Group had Lower ceramic and Rouler the upper.

tommasini

by tommasini

My Campagnolo SR 11 pulleys with a drop of oil will spin and spin an amazing amount for something with such little perimeter weight to help keep it going. My 11 speed has ceramic bushings on both upper and lower. Havent checked/reoiled my 12 speed pulleys yet....rumor is they are stainless steel.

I take my 11 spd pulleys off only once a year to clean/reoil. As I remove them I test them out to be sure my frequency of service is adequate - very good spin despite a year on the road. (I don't ride in the rain)

elfuinha

by elfuinha

In the end opted for Cbear Full Ceramic Version... will test it next week and see, if the diference is an improvement VS the stock Pulleys.

Willier

by Willier

Report how they work...

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Willier wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:04 pm
Report how they work...
will do...!!!

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Just recived them, looks very Good:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWtWoKDjbcI/

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Replacing Jocjey Wheels was Straight Foward withoutt the need to adusjt Rear Derraileur.

I can feel the diference just by turning the Cranks by hand VS the Campagnolo Stock 12s Pulleys.

Here are the pics on the Bike:
Attachments
20211202_142312.jpg
20211202_142321.jpg

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

You do feel the difference when turning the cranks by hand? Then your original jockey wheels must be completely stuck.

What kind of difference you feel? Sound, smoothness, shifting improvement?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Roadrocket wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:30 pm
You do feel the difference when turning the cranks by hand? Then your original jockey wheels must be completely stuck.

What kind of difference you feel? Sound, smoothness, shifting improvement?
They weren't stuck, but they aren't bearings, they are rollers. Also they come stock totally dry. after lubing them they don't spin in hand very freely.

What i feel by turning the crank by hand is the drive train is mutch smooth. Sound and shifting performance is unchanged, so very good.

With Tacx Ceramic Pulleys (that are a 35€ ceramic pulleys) on my last Group Super Record 2015 11s, was also noticable by hand the duference smoothness.