Aero wheels for a poor man

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

OlieSimpson

by OlieSimpson

I was in you're exact siutation and went for these in the end: https://www.wheelsfar.com/gravel-wheels ... p0059.html

I got the 50mm Hooked version which are lighter, deeper and wider (internal and external width) than the three options you originally listed. The Bitex hubs are great, quick pick-up, super easy to service and can be swapped out quickly for any axle size you need

I went from a 24mm deep aluminium wheelset to the Farsports Gravel and they instantly gained me around 4km/h in average speed per ride (due to weight loss of around 700g + the aero benefits).

The entire process from placing the order to opening the box took around 12 days with shipping to the Netherlands, so not too long at all.

I've done a little over 3,000km in both wet and dry conditions on them to date and they've been absoltely solid, they still 100% true and as per the day they were fitted. I could not recommend the wheelset enough if you're on a tight budget!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

I have purchased at least 4 wheelsets from Farsports and regret none. My current daily riders are 55mm deep and 25mm wide laced with Sapim CXRay spokes and Novetec hubs. They are the holeless rims so no rim tape and there fit well into your budget. They are faster than my 388mm deep X 25mm wide, same spoke but Bitex hubs.Farsports purchased as well.

Roozbeh60

by Roozbeh60

Wow so many good recommendations! I found nothing under $1200 in LB and didn't invest enough time in FarSport.

I ended up pulling the trigger on Token Konax Pro disc 52mm. They had solid reviews and I managed to pick them up for $1060 CAD from wiggle with some clearance discount codes. 5 day express shipping for 8 bucks! Hopefully duty doesn't destroy me.

I'm hoping these will perform as good as LB or FarSport if not better.
They are around 20mm internal and 27.5ish external so they should be prerry aero with 25 tyres

froze

by froze

Have you seen these? https://2013.bikesoul.com/s4/ I've never heard anything bad about them, in fact nothing but good stuff.