Latest from Pogacar about rim vs disc - No Bloodfest - make it civil

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tommasini

by tommasini

For those that haven't seen the article on CyclingNews.com about Pogacar moving between disc and rim brake.

Not posting to create another endless/stupid debate about your preferences. Just passing along this viewpoint from a top level pro for the conditions he rides amongst......which isn't what WE ride amongst.......

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pogaca ... ack-again/

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

Really? How many topics you've opended re rim vs disc bloodfest...
Just ride or race what makes you happy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

velov

by velov

Enough already

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

ome rodriguez wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:27 am
Really? How many topics you've opended re rim vs disc bloodfest...
Just ride or race what makes you happy.
"Pogacar masters the art of switching from disc to rim brakes and back again" Switching from Fixie to Road is more masterful than this. I agree, people need a life outside of bickering on a forum

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

Very good article. Tadej is lucky he has choices. The majority of the Peloton has no choice but to ride disc.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I’ve changed my mind. I hope rim brakes completely disappear from the market so people stop posting new rim vs disc topics.

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

It shouldn't matter if people are debating rim vs disc on a bike forum. Go enjoy another forum about Jazz then.

neomoz

by neomoz

I think out of the pro tour bike sponsers, only colnago is left with a disc brake option. A few more brands dropped rim brakes for 2022. Maybe pogacar will have that option for another year or 2 max.

GS100

by GS100

neomoz wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:09 am
I think out of the pro tour bike sponsers, only colnago is left with a disc brake option. A few more brands dropped rim brakes for 2022. Maybe pogacar will have that option for another year or 2 max.
Assume CCC still have access to the TCR rim? Appears to still be available as a frameset for 2022 at least.

Where there is still choice, the most important factor is probably the team's ability to support two versions of everything ie logistics could dictate they just go disc from now on

Mocs123

by Mocs123

Inos still has access to rim brakes as the Dogma F is availible in a rim brake, right?
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

dolophonic

by dolophonic

/yes //ineos were riding rim at the end of the season after the disc was launched, so must be a reason for that.. its caalled choice.
If other bike manufactures still offered rim i think a lot of riders woiuld use them but they dont.

I dont think it should always be an argument about what is "best" as choice is good. Horses for courses as they say.
If you want the lightest bike .. rim ...if you want the added power of discs then disc it it... :beerchug:

To try to exclude the merits of rim breaks just shows how some peoples "älways right" mentality can be overbearing. This is a weight weenies forum after all.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

I wonder how much the inferior rim version of DA12 impacted on Ineos’ decision

Karvalo

by Karvalo

tommasini wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:17 am
Not posting to create another endless/stupid debate about your preferences.
So why did you create another brand new thread to post it in?

Was there no space left for it in any of the eleventy million other rim vs disc threads or even the pretty clearly titled Pro Equipment thread?

tomato

by tomato

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:48 am
I’ve changed my mind. I hope rim brakes completely disappear from the market so people stop posting new rim vs disc topics.
George Lucas is making a film about a guy that travels back in time to erase rim brakes from human history ... to prevent these "Please, no bloodfest" bloodfests.

tjvirden

by tjvirden

The only conclusion I can draw is that Colnago and Pinarello struggled to make light framesets, but we all knew that anyway; and it doesn't matter.

Merckx's hour record bike is a lovely example of seasoned professionals (the rider and the manufacturer) concentrating on something (weight) that was entirely irrelevant to the goal of going as far as possible in one hour: the weight of the bicycle was absolutely the last thing that mattered! Rim brakes or disc brakes on Tadej Pogacar's Colnagos are almost as irrelevant - he'll win with either because there's not much difference between them!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com