Question regarding MAAP/Suplest Edge+ shoe fit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I just ordered a pair of MAAP Suplest Edge+ shoes in olive green (size-43) from bike 24. I normally wear Sidi's in size 43.5-44, Shimano S-Phyre in 44, and Fizik R1/Vento 2 in size 43. I live in Los Angeles but didnt find anyone out here selling the Suplest shoes to try. Therefor I made my size decision based on info from MAAP and MAAP dealer Sigmasports. Anyone own these shoes that can share info regarding sizing?
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

velov

by velov

I have the previous version so might not be a good comparison but I think you should be ok. I'm 43 in S-Phyre (ideally should be 43.5) and 42 for R1, got a 42.5 in the Suplest and it's a way better fit than either the Shimano or Fizik. Didn't get along with the Solestar insole though so changed that pretty quickly.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Herb5998

by Herb5998

Wear a 45 in Sidi, 44.5 in the Edge model suplest shoes and 45 in S Works 7. The Suplest I found to be a little less room in the toe box than the Specialized, but the heel is a little more open than Sidi or Specialized. Mid-foot was about the same. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Thanks for the info guys! Crossing fingers the shoes fit.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Hmm, I went down a full size from most shoes when trying Suplest, just like their chart indicates when comparing foot length in mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

woodyvalentine

by woodyvalentine

Didn't end up keeping any of them but they fit length wise. Non of these are my current shoes since too narrow or other issue, but were the correct length. Agree with the above, if I kept the suplest the solestar wouldn't have been used. Too high and firm.

Suplest road edge in 44
Sworks ares in 44
Fizik bento stabilita 44
Shimano s Phyre 901/902 44.5