Rotor Aldhu Spacing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lord_brush

by lord_brush

Quick question, just got an Aldhu 24mm ctankset, and bit confused with the spacer/ O ring fitment.

By O ring, I mean the small gaskets they spec for fitment with the thin spacers for the 24mm axle.

Do the o rings go outboard of the spacers, or inboard? I'm probably missing something, as the Rotor documentation seems very good, but can't quite figure this one out...
The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears. (Chris Addison)

jfranci3

by jfranci3

lord_brush wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:05 pm
Quick question, just got an Aldhu 24mm ctankset, and bit confused with the spacer/ O ring fitment.

By O ring, I mean the small gaskets they spec for fitment with the thin spacers for the 24mm axle.

Do the o rings go outboard of the spacers, or inboard? I'm probably missing something, as the Rotor documentation seems very good, but can't quite figure this one out...
Outboard the spacers

Tip:
tighten the arm bolt most of the way, then (while pushing against the drive side firmly) hit the arm inward with a plastic/rubber hammer to make sure the arm is fully seated on the spines. A little Loctite green (same stuff you might use on BB bearings) is a good idea on the splines.

If you've got a Trek BB90, don't add the spacers, you'll just destroy the BB bearings in short order. If you follow Rotors instructions you'll ruin the NDS arm / spindle because the splines won't fully seat. They won't warranty it.
Last edited by jfranci3 on Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

klozzle

by klozzle

Isn't it dependent on the BB you have. Not an expert, but I think I used the chart at: https://rotoramerica.com/pages/crankset-support

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

klozzle

by klozzle

Wait, I think I just installed my crank arm wrong. You can ignore that comment.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

lord_brush

by lord_brush

Cheers. I think it's gone ok 😬

It's regular BB86 and it's seems it's gone on ok initially with the preload ring backed right off. I guess if it beds-in and loosens a bit, then I can dial some preload on before re-torquing.

It's going to be on the turbo for the foreseeable anyway, so I guess if it falls off, I'm only zero meters from home!
The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears. (Chris Addison)

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Bearing -> external seal -> oring-> spacer -> arm

lord_brush

by lord_brush

would that not be 'inboard', of the spacers then?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com