Which tlr road tire with easy install

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nikosthom

by nikosthom

Hellow.I had a very bad experience with pirelli pzero race sl tlr 26mm.My wheels are tlr carbon with hookless rims and 25mm width.The pirelli's tires were to tight so the installation take a lot of time and occur some painfull thumb blisters.I think that to put a tube in the case of puncture in the middle of nowhere would be a nightmare...I can return the tires so i will take the oportunity.I want a tire tlr 26-28mm with puncture resistance ability,low rolling resistance and EΑSY SETUP.I like specialized s works turbo rapid air,pirelli p zero race tlr,conti gp 5000tl but i have no experience.It would be very helpfull if you give me some advices.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-J510FN μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

bobones

by bobones

Last edited by bobones on Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

nikosthom wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:48 am
The pirelli's tires were to tight so the installation take a lot of time and occur some painfull thumb blisters.I think that to put a tube in the case of puncture in the middle of nowhere would be a nightmare...
First wear heavy leather work gloves.

Second, put a little soapy water on the bead and the rim so the tire slides

Third, start opposite the valve stem and really work the bead of the tire into the center channel of the rim. You have to keep tension on the tire as you work it around and not let it loosen or the bead come out of the center channel. I've never needed a tire lever to install a tire.

Fourth, on the side of the road be prepared to plug a tire (Stans Dart or Dynaplug). Bacon strips can work but take some pracitce and need to installed correctly. (install deep, twist, trim off, don't inflate the tire too high so it doesn't blow out)

Fifth - installing a tube on the side of the road should be the last resort and a very rare occurance.

Miller

by Miller

Just use tyre levers.

AJS914

by AJS914

If you don't get the tire into the center channel, it's going take a lot of force. I'd rather not put that force on the edge of a carbon rim when it's not necessary.

MikeD

by MikeD

Get yourself a Koolstop Bead Jack. Makes quick work of mounting tight fitting tires.

gzon

by gzon

Schwalbe Pro One, very easy install and inlates with a normal floor pump on DT-Swiss wheels. Hutchinson Fusion 5 mentioned above are easy on first install but when removed and reinstalled my experience is that they have expanded so that a compressor is needed to seat them.

nikosthom

by nikosthom

I just removed Pirelli.It was much easier.I tried to put them back and despite they was tight i installed them easier.It seem that they strech.I used a tire lever with a little pressure only.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-J510FN μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

C36

by C36

The main issue I have with TL is that it « depends ». It’s a question of tire/rim combo dimensions and the majority of the manufacturers are too lazy/cheap to follow proper manufacturing rules. So there is not a “one that fit all”. Except if they respect the Mavic Open std (the only one that exists and show you the margin of improvement TL has).

Miller

by Miller

AJS914 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:40 pm
If you don't get the tire into the center channel, it's going take a lot of force. I'd rather not put that force on the edge of a carbon rim when it's not necessary.
I have mounted/dismounted TLR tyres many times on carbon rims with tyre levers. Spoiler alert: carbon rim is undamaged.

kulo0902

by kulo0902

about road bike with tubeless tire

i think everyone install should try maxxis high road tr

very easier install than GP5000 TL PRO ONE TLE and giant's tlr tire

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kulo0902

by kulo0902

about road bike with tubeless tire