Carbon seatpost with easiest to use saddle clamp?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WonderSausage

by WonderSausage

I need to swap saddles easily on a bike-fit bike. What carbon seatpost has the easiest to use saddle clamp? Something that can accept 7 or 9mm rails, where the screws don't come out when swapping 9mm carbon rail saddles. Obviously no fiddly cylinder side-clamps, we used to use a Trek and that was a serious pain.

DaveS

by DaveS

I've use fsa k-force for at least 20 years. I don't know about the 7-9mm issue, but saddles can be usually better changed without major disassembly.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

To be 7x9 and 7x7 compatible, it has to be a vertical clamping post. Any should do. If bolts fall out before you're able to wiggle the rails out, just go to a hardware store for a bolt that is 5mm longer.

WonderSausage

by WonderSausage

BigBoyND wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:35 am
To be 7x9 and 7x7 compatible, it has to be a vertical clamping post. Any should do. If bolts fall out before you're able to wiggle the rails out, just go to a hardware store for a bolt that is 5mm longer.
Good idea in principle, but we tried that a while back and ended up destroying a saddle by rubbing through the carbon with the bolt. The clearance looked fine with the saddle mounted, but they flex considerably with someone riding them.

RNAV

by RNAV

The Roval Alpinist seat post has a robust, easy to use two-bolt clamping mechanism. Only comes in a 12mm offset, though, so that may not work for you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Fizik Cyrano?