stages gen 3 left dimensions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rynogee

by rynogee

Does anyone have the dimesnions for, or could possibly meausre a gen 3 left stages PM for me?

I'm trying to find out the variable height of it, including at the BB edge (where it is lowest) and at the pedal / battery end (where tallest), and its length, and position from the BB centre.

I've a frame where I think it can fit (but a 4iiii can't). I know it's not as tall as the 4iiii but it's variable thickness and position along the crank will determine if I can use it or not.

thanks in advance to anyone who can help

(edit: i have used the various fit checking methods advised - e.g. 10mm hex wrench of AA battery but they're obviously not an accurrate measure)

Drotti1

by Drotti1

My understanding is that the crank length/brand and bike model/size all influence whether it will fit.
I was able to fit a 165mm Stages Gen 3 on my Canyon Endurace size small even though the measurement failed using a 10mm Hex Key/AA Battery per Stages. I then used a 3/8" Hex Key and it just fit.
The 3/8" wrench is approx .020" (.5mm) smaller in size. Long story short, the Stages Gen 3 works for my application. I know this doesn't directly answer your questions but Perhaps using a 3/8" Hex Key will help determine if it could potentially work for you. I've attached a picture showing the clearances on my bike.
Good luck!
Attachments
BC964BA4-A7C1-416A-98E7-3A120F6F44DC.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com