S-Works SL7 Fork/Headset Recall.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spartacus

by spartacus

I just installed the new compression ring and shim. I can confirm that the fit is so tight you have to push the shim into the ring with the edge of something and it can't even be done by hand. And that's before the compression of the headset...

Maddie

by Maddie

ome rodriguez wrote:Sold out in our country too. A lot pre-ordering even after watching durianrider's comedy videos.
Who is actually capable of watching his videos? Apart from bots of course. After 30 seconds max my eyes start rolling

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LBoogie28

by LBoogie28

Supersix56 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:20 pm
LBoogie28 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:28 am
My split ring was/is snug as a bug. Durianrider the same guy that claimed the C38 rovals are the same as the "clx wheels" in his SL7 build video? I'm sure he is still uncovering the truth about Phil Gaimon. Any day now...
How much did you pay for your SL7? Would you buy Durianriders? He has 2 and it is becoming a national joke on facebook marketplace how cheap they are listed for but nobody wants them haha.

Seems like the Aussies dont like recall products like the rest of us do.

Watch his latest video on the split ring. It is loose as. Would easily fall off when the SL7 fork snaps in half over a stiff bump.
I paid what I paid, just like all the other bikes I own. Would I buy his? No, because I don't trust him. His builds are slapstick, and his mechanical "prowess" seems questionable.

I don't care how much the SL7 can be resold for. I don't buy bikes for the resale value. If I based all purchases on that principle, I wouldn't own much.

A national joke? Which nation? You claim Portland based, so feel free to try and find an SL7 in the states, and let me know the price.

TwiggyForest

by TwiggyForest

Supersix56 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:20 pm
LBoogie28 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:28 am
My split ring was/is snug as a bug. Durianrider the same guy that claimed the C38 rovals are the same as the "clx wheels" in his SL7 build video? I'm sure he is still uncovering the truth about Phil Gaimon. Any day now...
How much did you pay for your SL7? Would you buy Durianriders? He has 2 and it is becoming a national joke on facebook marketplace how cheap they are listed for but nobody wants them haha.

Seems like the Aussies dont like recall products like the rest of us do.

Watch his latest video on the split ring. It is loose as. Would easily fall off when the SL7 fork snaps in half over a stiff bump.
I've seen the ad on Facebook... It's not cheap, it's still almost $7k Australian for a second hand frame with reduced warranty. The posts I saw were laughing at how overpriced it was, especially considering how much DR trashes the frame. The only reason I could see anyone taking up the offer is because they too impatient to wait for one from a dealer.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Can we please stop feeding this troll?

Mods, please ban him already. There was a warning post by a mod few days ago telling him not to make one more Durian post, and here we are probably 20 posts later.

Fideliojbc

by Fideliojbc

I am bringing mine to the LBS on Friday. Hope it will be ready the same day. I will post how does it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matte86

by Matte86

Brought mine to the LBS yesterday. They swapped it, but everything was perfect.
12k / 67kg rider

FatLadAtTheBack

by FatLadAtTheBack

Had mine done this week, completed same day. Frustrating that it's happened but seemed to be handled fairly well in my view.

RDY

by RDY

BigBoyND wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:22 pm
Can we please stop feeding this troll?

Mods, please ban him already. There was a warning post by a mod few days ago telling him not to make one more Durian post, and here we are probably 20 posts later.
Everyone with a brain knows that it is DR. Since he's banned already, I don't know why the mods aren't just closing the account. It makes no sense.

pamoreira

by pamoreira

Dropped mine at the store yesterday for the recall and a quick service that was due anyway. SL7 Pro, one of the very first in my country.

Pretty smooth overall - store contacted me a couple of days after recall was announced, and placed me in their waiting list for the recall . As soon as they had parts in from Specialized and it was my turn on the list they contacted me to schedule the service.

spartacus

by spartacus

Has anyone had, or heard of anyone that has had, steerer damage such that the fork is being replaced?

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

spartacus wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:23 pm
Has anyone had, or heard of anyone that has had, steerer damage such that the fork is being replaced?
No, but I know of shops with forks that have been sprayed ready for any replacements.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

poppiholla

by poppiholla

I hope I get my S-works SL7 framset in November. Waiting since early August.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

Fideliojbc

by Fideliojbc

I took my bike this morning to the LBS for the recall and in less than an hour it was ready. They replaced just one pice of the two. I took advantage to refill the tubeless. Now is time to ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmomentum

by jmomentum

Finally got around to checking mine. There isn't even a mark on it that I can see.

8000km since last September and perfect condition.

My hoses are very tight though. I think it will be problem to get the transition pieces over the steerer to make this change. I would have to remove the stem cable bat guide under the stem to get a bit more slack but I'm not sure that will be enough.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com