Wheels and tires

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DavidRose

by DavidRose

Hello!

Thank you for accepting me ,this is my first topic here.
I am a local racer here in Slovenia, i currently own Rose x lite four with 105. Recently i thought about upgrading the wheels to carbon ones, mainly for comfort and aero gains for flats (i am 50kg so i fly up the hills).

I noticed that in price range of 1000-1300 the best option are hunt wheels, around 50mm width. Do you have any negative opinion towards them.

Also what tires do you recommend for racing, vittoria corsa g2 speeds look to have the smallest rolling resistance. I am looking for fastest wheel, tires combo for mixed terrain. Thanks for help.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

DavidRose wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:06 am
Hello!

I am a local racer here in Slovenia, i currently own Rose x lite four with 105. Recently i thought about upgrading the wheels to carbon ones, mainly for comfort and aero gains for flats (i am 50kg so i fly up the hills).

I noticed that in price range of 1000-1300 the best option are hunt wheels, around 50mm width. Do you have any negative opinion towards them.

Also what tires do you recommend for racing, vittoria corsa g2 speeds look to have the smallest rolling resistance. I am looking for fastest wheel, tires combo for mixed terrain. Thanks for help.
Not so sure, have you checked Bikebeat?
https://www.bikebeat.de/en/start-en/
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DavidRose

by DavidRose

wheelsONfire wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:29 am
DavidRose wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:06 am
Hello!

Not so sure, have you checked Bikebeat?
https://www.bikebeat.de/en/start-en/
Thanks! Never seen them before.

HappyGuy

by HappyGuy

Consider Token. I'm running them now and they roll super fast. A solid wheel at your price point. Note the ones listed in the ad are 11speed, but 12 speed with thru axle are available if you shop around.
https://www.probikekit.com/bicycle-whee ... 85983.html

As for tires, I train and race with Schwalbe One's 25mm. I find them to be a good all around tire. Grippy, comfy, responsive and not too hard. Not too expensive comparatively speaking. Good deals can be found as they're widely available. My second choice would be Continental 5000. Something about the Schwalbe I just find a little more cush. :welcome:
2016 Time Skylon w/Sram Force 22 and Boyd 60's
2020 Merida 8000e w/Sram Force AXS and Token 52's

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=152443&start=3105

Pirelli P zero TLR 28mm with AR55 pro lightweight and some nice hubs!