Mavic Speed Release with Feedback Sports Sprint stand

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

survivor

by survivor

Hi, seeking some advice here. I have a Wilier Filante that uses Mavic Speed Release thru-axle. I'm trying to attach the bike to my Feedback Sports Sprint bike stand but have no luck. Feedback Sports Sprint bike stand attaches the bike on the fork. I have the 12mm thru-axle kit on the bike stand. The Wilier Filante fork has a circular concave on the fork drop out, which doesn't allow me align the fork drop out to the bike stand and allow the Mavic Speed Release thru-axle to secure the bike down on the bike stand. Any idea how to resolve this beside buying a new bike stand that clamps on top tube or seat post?

achin

by achin

I have the same stand and a Look Blade 795 RS with the same dropouts.

I am not sure if you are aware, but there is a special adaptor made for thru axles. You should contact Feedback themselves and they may be able to send you the part.

I believe there are actually 2 adaptors you need. One is the screw in adaptor for the rear dropout attachment and one is a adaptor for the front end thru axle.

https://www.feedbacksports.com/product/ ... er-sprint/

Also this is needed for the rear I believe

12x142 adapter sleeve (It may or may not have come with your bike stand)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cubist

by Cubist

But can it fit the speed release thread pattern?

achin

by achin

You use your own thru axle.

I guess this is one of the downsides of the mavic system; its stuck in your wheel.

I switched to Robert Axle Project. I still have 2 new Mavic thru axles but I kind of hate them

ipaul

by ipaul

Maybe not an answer to the question, but I leave a spare front Mavic thru axle in the feedback adapter. This way just take wheel off and now I always have an axle ready to hold the bike in stand. No Allen keep searching needed.
:P

Karvalo

by Karvalo

survivor wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:42 pm
The Wilier Filante fork has a circular concave on the fork drop out, which doesn't allow me align the fork drop out to the bike stand and allow the Mavic Speed Release thru-axle to secure the bike down on the bike stand.
I don't understand what you would be struggling with here. The Speed Release is still a 12mm thru axle that fits 12mm wheel hubs. The lip on the inside of the fork is designed to fit the same endcaps as the lip on any other type of 12mm thru axle fork. There should be absolutely no functional difference from that particular point of view.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com