11 speed eTap shifters and derailleurs.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

What has been the component has been found to fail the most? I never shift the front since I ride the 53 where I live no matter how hard the wind is blowing, its very flat.. If I traveled to some place with mountains I can see going to the 39 otherwise it does'nt get shiftered. The rear derailleur gets the most use. I have the disc version of eTap. Get a spare rear derailleur?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eurostar

by eurostar

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the RD failures were caused by a supplier making a bad batch of an electronic part. Sram didn't know which RDs had the bad parts in them. Consequently some people had their warranty replacement RD fail. That's why Sram released the new A2 version of the RD in 2020 https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/rd-red-e-a2 https://cyclingtips.com/2020/09/updated ... ge-clutch/

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Was the issue that the rear derailleur suddenly stop shifting?

AJS914

by AJS914

It's probably a good idea to get a spare. If supplies totally dry up, you'll probably be able to sell it for more than you paid for it.

I'm seeing that Campagnolo 11 speed is getting harder to find. I can't find an 11 speed rear derailleur with a medium cage for under $400. You used to be able to find a Chorus for under $200 every day. They all seem to be sold out. I'm not thinking that maybe I should just punt on 11 speed and get 12 speed. I'll probably get good money for all my 11 speed parts on ebay.