Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RDY

by RDY

jrayner4 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:17 am
Hi, This is Jonathan from Cycling100. In answer to some of the questions raised if we have stock of the frame we can ship after the national holidays in China. This is by air freight using UPS, DHL, FEDEX etc. I would agree that the duties and taxes are one of the most difficult to handle and so far we have not found a logistics partner yet who can do this - but I want to resolve but I dont think it will be a quick solution unless anyone here knows a route. On the warranty front - the frame is a lifetime, forks are 3 years and the handlebars are 2 years plus it is UCI certified. Finally I know the geometry has caused the most questions (from our email inbox) but if you have any questions then please contact me and I will help or ask SEKA (who's founder has a background in bike fitting). And one more thing - the frame is made in factory which manufacturers for a current world tour team - but then I know many can say that!
WXY and XDB do a lot of VAT/ Duty prepaid shipping of bike parts from CN to EU @jrayner4 ... they're the standard choice.

What are the chances of a larger size mould being opened? 593 stack is very low for a what is a relatively relaxed geo in large size. Something around 609-612 stack and 398 reach would make things a lot easier on taller riders with longer legs.

racingtiger

by racingtiger

jrayner4 wrote:
Hi, This is Jonathan from Cycling100. In answer to some of the questions raised if we have stock of the frame we can ship after the national holidays in China. This is by air freight using UPS, DHL, FEDEX etc. I would agree that the duties and taxes are one of the most difficult to handle and so far we have not found a logistics partner yet who can do this - but I want to resolve but I dont think it will be a quick solution unless anyone here knows a route. On the warranty front - the frame is a lifetime, forks are 3 years and the handlebars are 2 years plus it is UCI certified. Finally I know the geometry has caused the most questions (from our email inbox) but if you have any questions then please contact me and I will help or ask SEKA (who's founder has a background in bike fitting). And one more thing - the frame is made in factory which manufacturers for a current world tour team - but then I know many can say that!
Yes, the geometry was a deal breaker for me. I need a longer top tube and prefably a lower headtube as well.
NOW WITH MORE FLAVOR THAN KOOL-AID!

I'm 129 lbs! How's that for light!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

racingtiger wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:35 pm
jrayner4 wrote:
Yes, the geometry was a deal breaker for me. I need a longer top tube and prefably a lower headtube as well.
It's a lightweight semi-aero endurance bike. If you make the top tube longer and headtube lower then it ceases to be endurance geo. It's similar to the new Cube Agree, except a lot lighter, and without the two larger sizes.

AJS914

by AJS914

Stack and reach of the Seka in size Large is almost spot on to my size 52S Colnago C59 (same as C60/C64) depending on which top cap you use. So, it's kind of in the middle between a low stack race bike and what most makers call an endurance bike these days.
Last edited by AJS914 on Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racingtiger

by racingtiger

RDY wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:27 pm
racingtiger wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:35 pm
jrayner4 wrote:
It's a lightweight semi-aero endurance bike. If you make the top tube longer and headtube lower then it ceases to be endurance geo. It's similar to the new Cube Agree, except a lot lighter, and without the two larger sizes.
I guess that's where I'm confused. RDC stands for "RACE DAY COMBATANT" and it's UCI certified so it's definitely being marketed to people that would be looking for long and low or at least neutral and neutral.

michael21

by michael21

Hi WW community,

im in need of some help with sizing?im 165cm with a 76cm inseam. trying to get a more agressive set up between XS and S?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Nautiboy

by Nautiboy

AJS914 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:09 pm
No American company would probably name themselves Seka. :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seka_(actress)
In direct Hokkien (a sub-dialect of Chinese Language) translation, Pinarello Dogma - The Dogma literally means Female Dog, or more affectionately we term it as BITCH!! And i hazard a guess why there is no F14 instead of Dogma F, becuase "14" means Sure Die......the influence of a market purchasing power : )

Back to Seka, I like how it looks and $2K is fine. Am going to buy 1 and send to eToe and get it custom painted......

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

AJS914 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:02 pm
Stack and reach of the Seka in size Large is almost spot on to my Colnago C59 (same as C60/C64) depending on which top cap you use. So, it's kind of in the middle between a low stack race bike and what most makers call an endurance bike these days.
Same time this is what most actually use in terms of fit. In a perspective, a very small amount of bikers actually fit on the lower and longer bikes.
They use spacers and shorter reach cockpits. I think it's a smart move not to design another frameset just as what we have in dosens and dozens already.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

racingtiger

by racingtiger

wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:03 am
AJS914 wrote:
Stack and reach of the Seka in size Large is almost spot on to my Colnago C59 (same as C60/C64) depending on which top cap you use. So, it's kind of in the middle between a low stack race bike and what most makers call an endurance bike these days.
Same time this is what most actually use in terms of fit. In a perspective, a very small amount of bikers actually fit on the lower and longer bikes.
They use spacers and shorter reach cockpits. I think it's a smart move not to design another frameset just as what we have in dosens and dozens already.
I ride a size small and that's where I'm seeing a huge sizing difference.

michael21

by michael21

racingtiger wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:33 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
AJS914 wrote:
you ride a seka racingtiger?how tall are you?

michael21

by michael21

anyone else ridden a seka exceed? how does it compare to maintstream race bikes?

racingtiger

by racingtiger

michael21 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:31 am
racingtiger wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:33 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
AJS914 wrote:
you ride a seka racingtiger?how tall are you?
I do not. I would like to, but the geometry won't work for me.

isehk

by isehk

michael21 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:49 pm
anyone else ridden a seka exceed? how does it compare to maintstream race bikes?
I am riding Exceed RDC L size with 90mm/400mm handlebar.

Before exceed, I own Yeoleo R9 disc and ceepo mamba. I don't think they are mainstream bike but both are aero road bike.

The exceed rear triangle/seat post is more comfortable.
Main triangle/front side is rigid.
Handlebar is also towards stiff side.
Vibration absorption(handlebar) is not very good. But control is very good.

Every small details are good.
The headset spacers are plastic not heavy aluminum alloy. I replace dropout to direct mount type. You can get it from SEKA

I also replace the headset bearing to FSA SL type
Seatpost is 380mm( I requested for 300mm length but they send me 380mm :( :(

I am from Hong Kong so I get the bike (pre-order) directly from SEKA taobao shop directly. The price is around USD2000.

I hope this information may help you:)
Attachments
IMG_20210620_194150.jpg
IMG_20210626_155823.jpg
IMG_20210626_162038.jpg
IMG_20210626_160406.jpg
IMG_20210626_161001.jpg
IMG_20210627_141707.jpg
IMG_20210627_141802.jpg
IMG_20210627_141811.jpg
IMG_20210626_162459.jpg
IMG_20210626_162448.jpg

michael21

by michael21

isehk wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:17 pm
michael21 wrote:

Before exceed, I own Yeoleo R9 disc and ceepo mamba. I don't think they are mainstream bike but both are aero road bike.

The headset spacers are plastic not heavy aluminum alloy. I replace dropout to direct mount type. You can get it from SEKA

I am from Hong Kong so I get the bike (pre-order) directly from SEKA taobao shop directly. The price is around USD2000.

how does it compare to your Yeoleo R9 disc?because the Yeoleo R9 disc is more a racing frame?

isehk

by isehk

michael21 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:00 am
isehk wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:17 pm
michael21 wrote:

how does it compare to your Yeoleo R9 disc?because the Yeoleo R9 disc is more a racing frame?
Yeoleo R9 disc is heavy, Yes, very heavy. Rear triangel/Setpost is stiff and a bit uncomfortable.
Handlebar is flexy but the vibration absorption is good.
(Photos of my Yeoleo R9 disc: https://www.lightbicycle.com/photowall/ ... -Rims.html )

But compare Exceed with Yeoleo R9, I will say just buy The Exceed!. Excced is really good for this price.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com