Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

martocom

by martocom

Seka's Homepage and Social Media always mention Sage/Exceed/Keep/Artist
This leads to the conclusion there are more models coming. Anyone knows more about this?
My guess would be Triathlon/TT, Gravel and Lightweight frames. Or maybe even Mountainbikes as Factor introduced theirs a short time ago?

RDY

by RDY

Those are just buzzwords that are very clumsy when translated out of Chinese.

Highly doubt TT. Climbing bike also unlikely. Gravel almost certainly next. Then either update their endurance bike or do a full on aero bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

martocom wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:27 am
This leads to the conclusion there are more models coming. Anyone knows more about this?
My guess would be Triathlon/TT, Gravel and Lightweight frames. Or maybe even Mountainbikes as Factor introduced theirs a short time ago?
Their first frame was a climber bike called Afield. Sage/Exceed/Keep/Artist is just what the brand 'stands for' as opposed to any sort of hint about upcoming products

I don't think they'd release a Tri/TT bike, usually brands are compelled to release that sort of product for competition use and I don't recall Seka sponsoring anyone

Maybe a gravel bike though?

RDY

by RDY

StiffWeenies wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 7:06 pm
martocom wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:27 am
Their first frame was a climber bike called Afield. Sage/Exceed/Keep/Artist is just what the brand 'stands for' as opposed to any sort of hint about upcoming products

I don't think they'd release a Tri/TT bike, usually brands are compelled to release that sort of product for competition use and I don't recall Seka sponsoring anyone

Maybe a gravel bike though?
I was told probably gravel and probably next year.

teslapilot

by teslapilot

Does anyone know the fork tire clearance? Thank you.

Mike1

by Mike1

Hey guys, has anyone heard from Jonathan at Cycling100 for a while?

I've emailed him twice in the past month and haven't had a reply at all.

I know things are a bit crazy over in China at the moment with the lockdowns, hope he's ok. I think he's running Cycling100 on his own?

Ordered a Seka frame mid Feb and was told end of April, early May...
Factor Ostro VAM - 6.67kg
Open U.P w/ Ekar - 7.2kg
Canyon Ultimate EVO Disc - 6.17kg (retired)

isehk

by isehk

Mike1 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 8:08 am

I know things are a bit crazy over in China at the moment with the lockdowns, hope he's ok. I think he's running Cycling100 on his own?

I just asked SEKA's taobao shop, they said the production did not stop. But Shang Hai is lockdown more 50 days. So SEKA (in Shang Hai) cannot send out any product (which include product to cycling 100).

Hope this help you :)

isehk

by isehk

teslapilot wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:42 pm
Does anyone know the fork tire clearance? Thank you.
The famre and fork both are 30mm tire clearance. But I will say 32mm is OK for fork. frame will be a bit tight for 32mm.

I am using 25mm front and 28mm back GP5000TL with light bicycle AR56 rim

liam7020

by liam7020

isehk wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 9:24 am
Mike1 wrote:

I just asked SEKA's taobao shop, they said the production did not stop. But Shang Hai is lockdown more 50 days. So SEKA (in Shang Hai) cannot send out any product (which include product to cycling 100).

I emailed Jonathan a few weeks ago and he told me they were going to try to ship frames directly from the factory in the south east where the restrictions are not as severe. That email exchange was a few weeks ago so the situation may have changed. It is a bit concerning that Jonathan isn't answering the emails.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

iho

by iho

Not sure if anyone here can help me with a couple of queries about the Seka Exceed RDC. I have emailed cycling100 last week but have not receive any response.

1. Can the front fork fit a 140mm disc rotor? Or is 160mm disc rotor the smallest size that the fork will accomodate?
2. What are the dimensions/size of the the headset bearing (both upper and lower). Does anyone know IS sizing if i am looking to upgrade the bearings please?

isehk

by isehk

iho wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 3:46 am
Not sure if anyone here can help me with a couple of queries about the Seka Exceed RDC. I have emailed cycling100 last week but have not receive any response.

1. Can the front fork fit a 140mm disc rotor? Or is 160mm disc rotor the smallest size that the fork will accomodate?
2. What are the dimensions/size of the the headset bearing (both upper and lower). Does anyone know IS sizing if i am looking to upgrade the bearings please?
I am running 160mm front, but i dont see any problem swapping it to 140mm.

The bearing are 52x40x7mm 45°x45° both upper and lower
I upgraded the bearing to FSA SL one(red color one). I think i also post the pictures in this thread

iho

by iho

Thank you @isehk

RDY

by RDY

liam7020 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 11:33 am
isehk wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 9:24 am
Mike1 wrote:

I emailed Jonathan a few weeks ago and he told me they were going to try to ship frames directly from the factory in the south east where the restrictions are not as severe. That email exchange was a few weeks ago so the situation may have changed. It is a bit concerning that Jonathan isn't answering the emails.
If he doesn't have access to work stuff from home (common in China) then he won't be able to reply. Lockdown in Shanghai just entered its most severe phase - no food deliveries (people must rely on govt handouts). He won't have been at work for over a month now.

micky

by micky

If he doesn't have anyone living/sleeping inside the factory like it's happening with some major companies, then I guess the company can't ship anything at all until lockdown rules change.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Courie90

by Courie90

Mike1 wrote:

Same here, had an update that mid may bike could be deliverd. but still no news about it. as said above: aslong the lockdown rules don't change ... But good to know the factory can still produce and its only a shipping problem for now.