Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

liam7020

by liam7020

lemeneid wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 pm
I ordered my Seka RDC in July and received my frame in August. Was through a local dealer, not C100.

This is the specs on the bike.

Seka RDC Size S
Shimano Ultegra R8170
Winspace Hyper D45
Vittoria Corsa Next Tubeless with sealant
Fizik Anrares Evo R1 Adaptive

All in, it was 7.6kg, with pedals, cages, computer mounts all installed. Not really weenie, but I was focusing more on speed for this build.
Hi, can I ask where you bought where you bought your Seka frame? Thanks.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

lemeneid

by lemeneid

liam7020 wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:39 pm
lemeneid wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 pm
I ordered my Seka RDC in July and received my frame in August. Was through a local dealer, not C100.

This is the specs on the bike.

Seka RDC Size S
Shimano Ultegra R8170
Winspace Hyper D45
Vittoria Corsa Next Tubeless with sealant
Fizik Anrares Evo R1 Adaptive

All in, it was 7.6kg, with pedals, cages, computer mounts all installed. Not really weenie, but I was focusing more on speed for this build.
Hi, can I ask where you bought where you bought your Seka frame? Thanks.
I'm in Singapore. There's like 5 dealers for Seka here lol. Just pick the one with the closest ship date.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

lemeneid wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:01 pm
I'm in Singapore. There's like 5 dealers for Seka here lol. Just pick the one with the closest ship date.
Would you have their trading names and do you happen to know if any of them would ship to the UK? Cheers.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

djel

by djel

liam7020 wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:07 pm
Would you have their trading names and do you happen to know if any of them would ship to the UK? Cheers.
Ride In Style is the official retailed in Singapore, but there are a bunch in Malaysia..

I'd wait a few more weeks if I were you...see my previous post.

liam7020

by liam7020

djel wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:17 pm

Yes, I seen that post, interesting information.

The only problem I have is that Simone from C100 eventually got back to me earlier today with the information that it could still be some considerable time before I receive my frame and suggesting that they would issue a refund until such time as they were sure the frame was definitely available. It sounded very conflicting so I've asked her to clarify the delivery time line if possible...

I still believe this is a good product but if C100 can't deliver I thought it might be a worthwhile idea to source an alternative supplier. We'll see.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

I asked Seka myself on their official Taobao store

The current lead time for an Exceed is 2 months

pang

by pang

djel wrote:
liam7020 wrote:
Ride In Style is the official retailed in Singapore, but there are a bunch in Malaysia..

Hi i am from cyclistspot Malaysia , official Seka concept store , yes we do have stock in store , abiet low on stock recently , i need to check with SEKA bikes if we are allowed to resell to euro/us region from Malaysia.
Attachments
20220831_154838.jpg

Stoffa

by Stoffa

pang wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:49 am
djel wrote:
liam7020 wrote:

Hi i am from cyclistspot Malaysia , official Seka concept store , yes we do have stock in store , abiet low on stock recently , i need to check with SEKA bikes if we are allowed to resell to euro/us region from Malaysia.
What do you think of the quality of their framesets?

pang

by pang

Stoffa wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:05 am
pang wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:49 am
djel wrote:
liam7020 wrote:

What do you think of the quality of their framesets?
an honest opinon its very good quality however it thickness is consistent all around . no margin of error.

Rfcsm

by Rfcsm

Hi, i just orderd a Seka Exceed and I want to have an aluminium stem on it so I can choose my handlebar, but I want it to sit as flush as possible with the Seka spacers.
So my question is, can anyone with a Seka Exceed give me the stem spacers measures in length and width on both extremes and the middle, so I can see which stem will sit on it more flush?

Thanks in advance! Gr

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Rfcsm wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:29 pm
Hi, i just orderd a Seka Exceed and I want to have an aluminium stem on it so I can choose my handlebar, but I want it to sit as flush as possible with the Seka spacers.
So my question is, can anyone with a Seka Exceed give me the stem spacers measures in length and width on both extremes and the middle, so I can see which stem will sit on it more flush?

Thanks in advance! Gr
If you want to use your own stem on the Exceed, you'd need to pair it with this adapter which should come included with your frameset (assuming you chose the no cockpit option at checkout)

The middle spacer in the picture is 10mm

Rfcsm

by Rfcsm

StiffWeenies wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:07 pm
Rfcsm wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:29 pm

Thanks in advance! Gr
If you want to use your own stem on the Exceed, you'd need to pair it with this adapter which should come included with your frameset (assuming you chose the no cockpit option at checkout)

The middle spacer in the picture is 10mm

Thanks! Yes i know about that adapter from talking to someone from Seka at the Seka site, I wrote them an email.
They showed me that and I told them that not only it looks ugly, as the gap for the cables is so big that water will for sure get in easy if it rains, or washing the bike or some situation like that.
They said they would take that into consideration and make one better, don't know if it's really happening.. and when I asked for the spacers measures they didn't reply anymore.
Maybe they think I am building my own spacers and stem.. Ahah

They should have created a real option with their own aluminium stem to sit flush and look clean like specialized did as well as other brands, if you don't want the carbon handlebar why can't you still have the bike looking cool?..
But if you put another stem from another brand it will not look clean and flush like the carbon handlebar because the stem is not made to sit flush with their spacers, that is why they have to make an aluminium stem that sits flush and clean with their spacers, a combo and then it looks more aero.
I want something like the venge or sl7 cockpit where the gap between the top spacer and the stem is non existen and the hole for the cables is small and it looks good, so I have an idea but first I need the measures to see if it would work.
If it does work I will post it here, also so they can see it and get working on it.

So again, can someone give me the measures of the spacers in length and width from the back, middle and front?
It would be very appreciated.

xsnailx

by xsnailx

why not try to just only print a rubber grommet to fit into cable hole in above adapter? it will negate the water problem ? :)

kheptan

by kheptan

its build time :)
Attachments
IMG_3537.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

recoilfx

by recoilfx

xsnailx wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:22 am
why not try to just only print a rubber grommet to fit into cable hole in above adapter? it will negate the water problem ? :)
Or use a moldable putty like Sugru. Shove it in, smooth it, and call it done.