Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stainless

by stainless

djel wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:23 pm
7.4kg as shown with the Assioma, which is the same weight as my Tarmac SL6 with the same wheels..! I will replace the crankset eventually but with my other wheelset and a DA crankset I could get to 6.8kg easily.

edit: I will do a fit in a few weeks and cut down the steerer in its final position.
Wow you didn't waste any time building it up, tho literally 2 days before the official end of season. Looking good!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

calleking

by calleking

Some very nice builds in this thread! Very interested in this frame as it seems to be very good quality and positive reviews everywhere.

Located in Sweden how are customs applied?
What would be the best way to order a frame? Seems like cycling100 was used initially but is now being bypassed?

I reached out to winspace a few weeks ago and they are releasing a lighter version of their T1500 in december with new colour options.
2023 Wilier Rave SLR
2022 Wilier Filante SLR
2021 Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2

Jungian

by Jungian

Finally received my frame after 5.5 months. The build was going smooth until I ran into this issue where the headset/handlebars keep pulling to the left. Wondering if this is just due to the hydraulic cables being coiled originally and therefore exerting tension when run though the frame? I've tried re routing the a few times with no luck. Anyone else have this issue?

Also a few weights for reference:
Exceed RDC Black Large
Frame w/ hangars & bolts: 939
15mm setback Fork(uncut): 389
Seat post: 120
420/100 Bars: 336

Appreciate any advice on how to solve the above issue.

warickwrx

by warickwrx

Jungian wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:08 am
Finally received my frame after 5.5 months. The build was going smooth until I ran into this issue where the headset/handlebars keep pulling to the left. Wondering if this is just due to the hydraulic cables being coiled originally and therefore exerting tension when run though the frame? I've tried re routing the a few times with no luck. Anyone else have this issue?

Exceed RDC Black Large

Can't really comment on having the same issue. Is it only when bike is stationary or when in motion as well ? Sounds like your suspicion regarding memory in coiled cables could in fact be valid especially if they are new.

s3si1u

by s3si1u

Jungian wrote:

Exceed RDC Black Large

Could it be that one of your hoses is cut too short? I had something similar happen once, the first time I built up a bike on my own.

calleking

by calleking

I think they are cut too short.

I contacted SEKA directly and they asked my to order through Cycling 100. Current delivery times to europe is roughly 3-4 months.
2023 Wilier Rave SLR
2022 Wilier Filante SLR

kode54

by kode54

Jungian wrote:Finally received my frame after 5.5 months. The build was going smooth until I ran into this issue where the headset/handlebars keep pulling to the left. Wondering if this is just due to the hydraulic cables being coiled originally and therefore exerting tension when run though the frame? I've tried re routing the a few times with no luck. Anyone else have this issue?

Exceed RDC Black Large

Can’t comment on your cable pulling. But I am surprised with the seatpost weight. Very light.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

windsurfingodie

by windsurfingodie

I just received an email from Cycling100 to pay the balance of the payment,which is great since I'vebeen waiting a looong time.When I go on the website the amount is $1,793.58 CAn and then when I checkout the amount is $2,069.72 Can. Is this extra amount for shipping?

l3eans

by l3eans

windsurfingodie wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:47 pm
I just received an email from Cycling100 to pay the balance of the payment,which is great since I'vebeen waiting a looong time.When I go on the website the amount is $1,793.58 CAn and then when I checkout the amount is $2,069.72 Can. Is this extra amount for shipping?
Yup. Should be $200 usd for USA/Canada I believe and it shows up on final the checkout page
Jungian wrote:

Exceed RDC Black Large

I actually had this exact problem and almost went crazy while building mine up. Are you routing just the hydraulic hoses without them being attached to anything by chance? If so, fit the hydraulic hoses to the calipers and then bolt them down onto the frame. Routing just the hydraulic hoses alone allowed them to freely twist and turn inside the frame which caused my handlebars to also pull to the left.
Last edited by l3eans on Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jungian

by Jungian

I actually had this exact problem and almost went crazy while building mine up. Are you routing just the hydraulic hoses without them being attached to anything by chance? If so, install the hydraulic hoses to the calipers and then bolt them down onto the frame. Routing just the hydraulic hoses alone allowed them to freely twist and turn inside the frame which caused my handlebars to also pull to the left.
Yep this was the issue! Thanks a bunch! I owe you a beer! :beerchug:

allrandomletters

by allrandomletters

Last edited by allrandomletters on Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

renegade1848

by renegade1848

@allrandomletters: Interestingly, this looks similar to what my build was going to look like, down to the choice of PM. However, I decided that the DA crank and PM just looks better on that bike, so I spend a family vacation on one. Can anyone stop me, please? ;)

What is your frame size and color?

I was asked to pay my balance 1.5 weeks ago and got a tracking number today, so roughly a week between payment and shipment.

allrandomletters

by allrandomletters

I put a deposit down on a Medium RDC Naked Black. No word on balance payment yet. I asked C100 for an ETA, and they sent a short reply that they would work on it.

calleking

by calleking

So did I. Medium RDC Naked black with 380-130mm handlebars. 0 offset seatpost. Got my order confirmed straight away. Now I can spend 50% of my time thinking about which build I will do :mrgreen:

Build will most likely be:

Ultegra Di2 R8100
DA 9200 cranks (54/40)
SM-RT900 160/140 rotors
Winspace Hyper D67
GP5000 S TR
Pro Stealth Superlight saddle 143mm
Assioma Duo
+ undecided bottom bracket and bottle cages
2023 Wilier Rave SLR
2022 Wilier Filante SLR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LachieSmith14

by LachieSmith14

calleking wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:07 pm
So did I. Medium RDC Naked black with 380-130mm handlebars. 0 offset seatpost. Got my order confirmed straight away. Now I can spend 50% of my time thinking about which build I will do :mrgreen:

Build will most likely be:

Ultegra Di2 R8100
DA 9200 cranks (54/40)
SM-RT900 160/140 rotors
Winspace Hyper D67
GP5000 S TR
Pro Stealth Superlight saddle 143mm
Assioma Duo
+ undecided bottom bracket and bottle cages
Very nice. My frame is due soon and I'm looking at a similar build.

Naked Carbon RDC XS Frame
130/38 Cockpit
0 Offset Seatpost
Ultegra R8100 Di2 + Sprint Shifters
SRAM Quarq 165mm Crankset + Quarq D4 Powermeter + DuraAce 9200 54/40 Chainrings
S-Works Power Saddle
Light Bicycle Rims with Carbon Ti Hubs