Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lemeneid

by lemeneid

Natestaana831 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:16 pm
Asking those who have received their freamsets.

How many headset spacers were included with the frameset?

TY in advance!
I had 4 spacers in my box.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djel

by djel

ncr wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:18 pm
Early in May and two weeks ago.
What frame / color combination did you order? Did you order the cockpit too (which size)?

For reference I ordered (end of March) the RDC in Naked black in L with a 100x400 cockpit. Seka is working in production batches and the lead times will vary, but I'm curious to compare. I suppose the smaller sizes are the most common ones due to the domestic market, and these sizes are prioritized.

l3eans

by l3eans

Pre-ordered June 15th, RDC Naked Black in small. 0mm Setback / 110x400 cockpit
Got the email to pay off the remaining balance last night.

Edit: Tracking number received September 13 (6 days after final payment). Frameset received on September 25 (12 days, USA).
Cycling100 let me switch out to 110x380 bars at the last second but sent me a 15mm setback post despite two confirmations :shock:
Took 14.5 weeks in total. Covid lockdowns probably slowed it a bit.
Last edited by l3eans on Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

liam7020

by liam7020

djel wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:38 pm
ncr wrote:
What frame / color combination did you order? Did you order the cockpit too (which size)?

For reference I ordered (end of March) the RDC in Naked black in L with a 100x400 cockpit. Seka is working in production batches and the lead times will vary, but I'm curious to compare. I suppose the smaller sizes are the most common ones due to the domestic market, and these sizes are prioritized.
I queried this with both C100 and Seka, receiving pretty much the same answer to both emails. I think you are right in your assertion that some sizes are more readily available than others and this explains why some lads are receiving their frames even though they placed their orders at a later date.

They're now telling me that my size large will be delivered in early October so I'm assumimg that you may well be in the same position. By that time the weather here in Ireland will be wet just about 24/7 so it's unlikely that the Seka will ridden until next Spring... Hopefully that little fecker Putin doesn't nuke us before then!!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

ncr

by ncr

djel wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:38 pm
ncr wrote:

Naked black RDC in size M without the cockpit.

djel

by djel

I received a shipment notification from DHL last night, but I'm not entirely sure it's my frame. C100 confirmed that they use DHL for Canada and the shipment is from "HONG YAN RESOURCES INT LTD.", but the status of my order still says "unfulfilled".

I'm optimistic so let's say it's my frame..!

edit: false alarm it's the gravel frameset I ordered 4 weeks ago..
ncr wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:46 pm
Naked black RDC in size M without the cockpit.
Thanks mate...sort of confirm that smaller sizes are prioritized atm

kheptan

by kheptan

first ride, short loop, windy day, mostly flat, i did a running this mosrnig so i wasnt in that mood to attack some slopes
compared to my old willier gtr team with same wheels 50mm deep but not with disk brakes,
its fast, handles cross wind very well i didnt have that feeling like on willier that it will throw my handlebar all over the place,
when i push hard into my peddals i feel that power immediately transferred to wheels compared to my willier with power loss due to bottom bracket areea not so stiff
for the momment i have tubes but next year i will go for tubeless
its very confy, i have to wait for some big slopes and descents to have more testing coverage, so far i'm very impressed
Attachments
b6c2d725-bea2-421f-940e-154726134901.JPG

liam7020

by liam7020

Great looking bike!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

l3eans

by l3eans

Got my tracking # today. Looks like they're catching up a bit for the smaller sizes at least

lemeneid

by lemeneid

Quick question, anyone knows if the seatpost is identical to the factor ostro? Looking to swap out the default one with a darimo

ncr

by ncr

My Frame arrived today and everything seems to be in order. First impression: it was worth the wait! 🥳

nlvx

by nlvx

nlvx wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:11 pm
This price increase pressured me to place my order.

Let's hope cycling100 will not try to enforce it, even if can afford it.

Anyway, I'm mentally ready to use PayPal protection or my credit card insurance to get my money back if something goes wrong with cycling100. I don't know why but I fear some kind of exit scam... (well in fact I exactly know why)
Today, I already received the mail asking me to pay for the balance.

Demonflip

by Demonflip

This bike rocks. Large size 7.2kg. Very fast. Free wheeling and braking behind my friends tcrs on flats.
Attachments
PXL_20220919_004739717~2.jpg

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Anyone running lightbike WR rims on a RDC? What clearance do you have ?
Thanks

Jungian

by Jungian

Demonflip wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:53 am
This bike rocks. Large size 7.2kg. Very fast. Free wheeling and braking behind my friends tcrs on flats.
Nice build! Also planning on using ultegra and have the same wheels.

What saddle is that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com