Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

I was referring to the major brands. As a rule Mainstream brands don't use open molds including smaller ones. Of course there are exceptions if you include smaller brands.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

ChairmanJiang wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:54 am
derkv wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:03 pm
The frames are obviously not the same. What makes you think they are from the same factory?
I only visited this factory in Xiamen last week, and there is a FACTOR office in this factory. Also saw some new stuff from FACTOR...
Any idea if Seka are likely to do a full aero bike? I.E. in the same vein as SystemSix / Propel / Madone / Pride 2 etc.

liam7020

by liam7020

Don't get all this whingeing about this having endurance geometry and how they need something more racy. Geo is very similar to Colnago and it doesn;t seem to have hindered Pogacar, Musseeuw, Tafi, Voeckler, Freire, Bettini etc etc etc!!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

racingtiger

by racingtiger

liam7020 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:57 pm
Don't get all this whingeing about this having endurance geometry and how they need something more racy. Geo is very similar to Colnago and it doesn;t seem to have hindered Pogacar, Musseeuw, Tafi, Voeckler, Freire, Bettini etc etc etc!!
With the exception of Pogacar, they were all on custom geo bikes.... :roll:
NOW WITH MORE FLAVOR THAN KOOL-AID!

I'm 129 lbs! How's that for light!

daforce84

by daforce84

racingtiger wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:11 pm
liam7020 wrote:
The geometry looks similar-ish to the Cervelo Caledonia line-up, which is appealing for me. More options for the consumer :)

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

liam7020 wrote:

I can only speak for myself, but I don't care what other people ride. My ideal frame would have a reach of ~400mm and 545-560mm stack depending on stem/bar choice. Bikes like the new Lapierre Xelius SL are intriguing for that reason. Also the 55.5cm Pursuit Cycles Supple Road...

derkv

by derkv

At least more people that can slam that stem! Racy geo with many spacers... :roll:

liam7020 wrote:

RDY

by RDY

daforce84 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:40 pm
racingtiger wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:11 pm
liam7020 wrote:
The geometry looks similar-ish to the Cervelo Caledonia line-up, which is appealing for me. More options for the consumer :)
Caledonia is a lot more slack.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:52 am
BigBoyND wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:31 am

None of the mainstream brands use open molds.

Gluing layers of carbon into a bicycle shape is easy and cheap. Making a good bike is not.

Does Ridley count as mainstream? The Kanzo Adventure is definitely the same frame as a Carbonda CFR696.
But we may never know is whether the actual plies of carbon are the same and laid in the mold the same way. Sure they will be identical from the outside, but short of cutting a bike up Leuscher style, how would you know for sure.

On topic, I would love to see more of the "open mold" direct sellers push and promote the quality of what they produce under their own brands. This market badly needs more competition. The Seka seems like a step in the right direction.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

Mr.Gib wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:52 am
BigBoyND wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:31 am

None of the mainstream brands use open molds.

Gluing layers of carbon into a bicycle shape is easy and cheap. Making a good bike is not.

Does Ridley count as mainstream? The Kanzo Adventure is definitely the same frame as a Carbonda CFR696.
But we may never know is whether the actual plies of carbon are the same and laid in the mold the same way. Sure they will be identical from the outside, but short of cutting a bike up Leuscher style, how would you know for sure.

On topic, I would love to see more of the "open mold" direct sellers push and promote the quality of what they produce under their own brands. This market badly needs more competition. The Seka seems like a step in the right direction.
True we won’t know, unless expert advice is provided via their ultrasound type devices such as in the Cam Nichols video of the Winspace frame being reviewed by their carbon expert.

He had looked at the RDC as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDY

by RDY

Layup isn't the same because tube shape is totally different.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

RDY wrote:Layup isn't the same because tube shape is totally different.
Correct. I’ll be more specific. His comments regarding the lay up was that care and time while laying up the BB area on one of the frames was recognize by him. Rare he says with some manufacturers.

AJS914

by AJS914

Ronin416 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:46 pm
True we won’t know, unless expert advice is provided via their ultrasound type devices such as in the Cam Nichols video of the Winspace frame being reviewed by their carbon expert.

His expert said the Seka frame was well made but maybe on the thin side. But that is maybe what you get when you try and optimize for light weight. It's hard to know though how that would compare to top tier bikes.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

AJS914 wrote:
Ronin416 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:46 pm

His expert said the Seka frame was well made but maybe on the thin side. But that is maybe what you get when you try and optimize for light weight. It's hard to know though how that would compare to top tier bikes.
When we look at the weight it’s pretty crazy for what you’re getting for $2300 USD

No sitting on the top tube or downtube squeeze! Lol

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Yeah and when you look that it's a no-name Chinese frame, $2300 is pretty crazy, too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com