Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mrlobber

by mrlobber

RDY wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:32 pm
Btw I don't know when this changed, but potentially of note is that Seka now state in their FAQ that the frame has max clearance for 28mm tires (not 30mm), according to ISO guidlines (4mm clearance left and right). If they've revised it down by 2mm, then I'm guessing 32s are indeed a no-go.
Nice catch, and I must say, a bit of a letdown... :evil:
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

djel

by djel

Just FYI for those who ordered from Canada (might be the same for US)..

Here's my brokerage receipt with UPS (not DHL as I was expecting...) It looks like they declared the the shipment as "OTH JEWELLERY,BSE MTL,W,WO PLT" with a value of 200$, which I find a bit weird as there are duties for this HS code. I will check the box once I receive it tomorrow, but the good news is that normally I would have had to pay taxes on the total value.
2022-11-09_7-03-35.jpg
2022-11-09_7-03-35.jpg (35.69 KiB) Viewed 1270 times

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stoffa

by Stoffa

warickwrx wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:28 pm
Stoffa wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:43 am
Can anybody shed some light on their bottom brackets by Token? Is it vital to order those along with the frame of can i just get one from Shimano when I order my groupset?

And are their headset bearings a standard size or proprietary?
The BB is a standard T47 type.So any inboard T47 BB matched to your crankset spindle diameter should work. On other builds I have found the Token BB's to be of decent quality. The frame should come with headset bearings, however I recall someone mentioning they are slightly shallower when compared to FSA ACR versions. Maybe something like a FSA SL MR110R would work for the upper.
Thanks. On their order page it says:

"An optional CNC machined bike computer mount is available for continue the clean lines."

I don't see such an accessory in their shop though. I do see the BB and the direct mount hanger there, but not the computer mount?

warickwrx

by warickwrx

Stoffa wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:14 pm
warickwrx wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:28 pm
Stoffa wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:43 am
Can anybody shed some light on their bottom brackets by Token? Is it vital to order those along with the frame of can i just get one from Shimano when I order my groupset?

And are their headset bearings a standard size or proprietary?
The BB is a standard T47 type.So any inboard T47 BB matched to your crankset spindle diameter should work. On other builds I have found the Token BB's to be of decent quality. The frame should come with headset bearings, however I recall someone mentioning they are slightly shallower when compared to FSA ACR versions. Maybe something like a FSA SL MR110R would work for the upper.
Thanks. On their order page it says:

"An optional CNC machined bike computer mount is available for continue the clean lines."

I don't see such an accessory in their shop though. I do see the BB and the direct mount hanger there, but not the computer mount?
Perhaps CNC machined bike computer mount comes with the handle bars. Others might be able to comment.

djel

by djel

It comes with the cockpit
How do I mount a computer on the integrated handlebars?

The integrated handlebars come with an out-front computer mount with inserts for both Wahoo and Garmin.

Stoffa

by Stoffa

Is it just me or did the PayPal payment option disappear?

warickwrx

by warickwrx

Stoffa wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:30 pm
Paypal was not available for me as a payment option.

Stoffa

by Stoffa

warickwrx wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:41 pm
Stoffa wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:30 pm
Paypal was not available for me as a payment option.
Strange considering I did in fact do my downpayment with PayPal.

Elda32

by Elda32

Paypal payment is restricted for them, they had too many refund request (above 3%) and too long lead times. That's info coming directly from C100. I paid my balance using credit card on November 1st for a white RDC size L with 400x110 handlebars. Had to change the handlebar to have it shipped out immediately (order was for 400x100, not in stock for 3 more weeks at least).

They shipped the frame 2 days later and is traveling with UPS to Switzerland. Should receive it on Friday.

liam7020

by liam7020

So a quick recap - I paid my deposit on 19/4 and then, on C100's request paid the balance on 27/7. There followed a multitude of emails to C100 and Seka, most of which were unanswered, until after nearly 6 months I cancelled the order on 19/10 and received a full refund a couple of days later.

Despite all the shenanigans with C100, I still was of the opinion that Exceed RDC was probably a decent product at a good price, something that was borne out by the majority of people on this forum who have already received their frames. SO after a bit of a root around on the internet I found an ebay listing from Ccache, a Seka dealer in Sydney, for a Large in naked gloss. I ordered and received my frame delivered for Australia to Ireland in less than 10 days!! I originally ordered a 380/110 bar just to try a slightly narrower option but Ccache only had 400/110 which is ok because that's my usual width anyway.

The whole package did cost about £200 more than C100 but at least I received the frame very quickly and, although I know very little about Ccache, they couldn't be any worse than C100.

For the record:

Frame including derailleur hanger, bottle bolts and seat clamp 965g

Fork uncut 390g, cut 368g

Seatpost complete 176g

400/110 bar combo 350g

Headset 90g

Thru axles 62g

Top cap 4g

The frame is really well made, certainly on a par with any of the mainstream frames I've used such as Specialized, Scott and even Colnago. Here on the north coast of Ireland it'll rain right through until about early March so I'll build it at my leisure but won't get to cock a leg over it for a few months! Planned build DA R9200, Farsports 40mm wheels with Extralite hubs, San Marco saddle, Carbon Works cages with estimated weight of about 6.5kgs. I'll put my details on the spreadsheet shortly. Cheers.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

s3si1u

by s3si1u

liam7020 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:18 pm
Despite all the shenanigans with C100, I still was of the opinion that Exceed RDC was probably a decent product at a good price, something that was borne out by the majority of people on this forum who have already received their frames. SO after a bit of a root around on the internet I found an ebay listing from Ccache, a Seka dealer in Sydney, for a Large in naked gloss. I ordered and received my frame delivered for Australia to Ireland in less than 10 days!! I originally ordered a 380/110 bar just to try a slightly narrower option but Ccache only had 400/110 which is ok because that's my usual width anyway.

The whole package did cost about £200 more than C100 but at least I received the frame very quickly and, although I know very little about Ccache, they couldn't be any worse than C100.
For those looking at other buying options, Seka frames are also available through an AliExpress seller that goes by "Nick's Road Bike Equipment Store." Also a tad more expensive than C100, but maybe they're a bit more responsive to customer service issues that C100?

renegade1848

by renegade1848

Hi there, quick question to the lucky ones who already got their frame: does it come with thru axles?

MichaelK

by MichaelK

mrlobber wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:44 pm
RDY wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:32 pm
Btw I don't know when this changed, but potentially of note is that Seka now state in their FAQ that the frame has max clearance for 28mm tires (not 30mm), according to ISO guidlines (4mm clearance left and right). If they've revised it down by 2mm, then I'm guessing 32s are indeed a no-go.
Nice catch, and I must say, a bit of a letdown... :evil:
NB That's for the Afield from the Seka FAQs page.

Scroll down and see that the Exceed section still lists 30c as the maximum tyre size.

http://www.sekabikes.com/en/faq2/

MichaelK

by MichaelK

renegade1848 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:44 pm
Hi there, quick question to the lucky ones who already got their frame: does it come with thru axles?
Yes, X-12 thru-axles are included. Weight is 64g for the pair.

stainless

by stainless

maxim809 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:36 am
Congrats stainless, looks great.

Very interesting you ordered off of Aliexpress successfully. Would you be up for filling out your details in the Seka Order Tracking spreadsheet? The ordering experience you went through is particularly unique compared to most and I'd be interested to have it captured:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Thanks.
Sure thing, heres the details:

Pre Order Reservation Date: Mar 4
Full Balance Payment Date: Mar 4
Order Expidation Date: Jul 7
Payment Sent Before asked By Seka? N/A
Your Country Location: Canada
Frame Size: L
Which Model: RDC
Which Color: Pearl White
Which Bar-Stem Combo: Ordered 400-100
Shipment Received: Yes
Which Website or Shop did you order from? Aliexpress
Customs?: None
Comments:
- Original Aliexpress order had expired, seller asked to buy the cheapest item in the store for tracking (kinda sketch, but Aliexpress reviews on the seller were good so I took the gamble)
- China Post took over 1mo for delivery, though there was no customs
- Seller insisted since he receives it for domestic production, this is prioritized vs Intl sales channels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com