Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MiloAS

by MiloAS

Also interested to hear some reviews. I like the look of them, but the logo/raw carbon look does make them look a bit like an off brand factor. Which is a shame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Yeah, if raw carbon black+ coating+hardware is going to weight 85g,
why don't just paint it? The non RDC version with colorful paint quote the paint color+hardware at 101g... Just 16g extra grant you the paint color.

https://cycling100.com/products/carbonf ... tblue-953g
https://cycling100.com/products/carbonf ... tblue-953g

Ronin416

by Ronin416

AJS914 wrote:No American company would probably name themselves Seka. :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seka_(actress)
Would you prefer LYNN then. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamraymond

by iamraymond

MagicShite wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:17 pm
Oh noes, I've been fanboying this brand since its early days of inception.

In fact I have an AFIELD here built up here for a friend, and I believe it's the ONLY unit seen so far in the entire country.

Part of me is happy they finally get some recognition outside of China, another part of me hope that it doesn't blow up like Winspace does.
Do you have a link to the Afield build? The geometry of the frame is pretty interesting to me. Not so common to find a rim brake endurance geometry rim brake frame.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

iamraymond wrote:
MagicShite wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:17 pm
Oh noes, I've been fanboying this brand since its early days of inception.

In fact I have an AFIELD here built up here for a friend, and I believe it's the ONLY unit seen so far in the entire country.

Part of me is happy they finally get some recognition outside of China, another part of me hope that it doesn't blow up like Winspace does.
Do you have a link to the Afield build? The geometry of the frame is pretty interesting to me. Not so common to find a rim brake endurance geometry rim brake frame.
http://www.sekabikes.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

https://inf.news/en/auto/5bf7cb64b92a8a ... e40da.html

Bar drop 130mm, reach 77mm.
Tire clearance is 30mm, but it seems it handles up to 32mm!?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Cam Nichols (youtube) has a RDC and some Vortex wheels that he'll be doing a build on when a groupset is available. He'll also be doing a short term and long term review.

ms6073

by ms6073

While I would agree that the price is a bit steep, this is by no means the same frame as you linked. A quick comparison of the geometry is not even close, for a size as either a medium or large of the Velobuild has a longer reach and shorter stack, and as already mentioned, the tube shapes are different and have differnt shapes at head tube and seat tube intersections for both top and downtubes.
AJS914 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:33 pm
I'm only skeptical because I've never heard of them and they just popped up on a forum that I read. They seem to be charging $2344 for a Velobuild built frame with a fancier paintjob and better marketing. You can buy a Velobuild for $500.
http://www.velobuild.com/products/2021- ... den-cables
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Hot dam, the geometry is even friendly to small riders.
Dedicated small-size specific fork with 50mm offset to neutralize trail value, and 72mm bb drop.
That's almost as good as Cannondale for small riders.

Having small size specific fork is a clear sign that this is not a typical cheaply designed open mold bike... Or I'd rephrase to say that it's something open mold bike should definitely copy. One fork fits all size on road bike is not good.

AJS914

by AJS914

ms6073 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:22 pm
While I would agree that the price is a bit steep, this is by no means the same frame as you linked. A quick comparison of the geometry is not even close, for a size as either a medium or large of the Velobuild has a longer reach and shorter stack, and as already mentioned, the tube shapes are different and have differnt shapes at head tube and seat tube intersections for both top and downtubes.
I never said it was the same frame. Above it was mentioned that it looked like possibly Velobuild made it and that some of the featured matched Velobuild frames. I only put that link up so people could compare and see the price. It's obvious that the Seka frame has better paint work. In some photos, it looks like they have a nice looking top piece of carbon for cosmetic.

It's obvious from the company's web that they do not manufacture anything. They contract with manufacturers in China. They have a nice story on how they vet these products. That's great. They may turn out to be a great company but for the current price with no local presence for warranty, it's a bit too much for direct from China IMO.

micky

by micky

satoshi3335 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:00 am
Hello all,

Saw the #add your favourite item name# recently on various platforms.
Love your first post, satoshi3335!

RDY

by RDY

This has nothing to do with Velobuild whatsoever. Also, re: it looking like a 'cheap' Factor Ostro ... rather I'd say it's the other way around - I very much doubt that the build cost of the Ostro isn't significantly cheaper. The layup on the RDC is pretty complex from what I've been led to believe, and they're made in small numbers.

I've had a deposit down for one for months now, but keeping it on hold until I can actually obtain parts to build it with.

I do think they need to add an XXL (what would be an XL in most brands) with about 399 reach 608-610 stack though if they intend to target Western sales.

satoshi3335

by satoshi3335

micky wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:07 am
satoshi3335 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:00 am
Hello all,

Saw the #add your favourite item name# recently on various platforms.
Love your first post, satoshi3335!
thanks! been reading up on many posts and decide to learn more by starting one!

dj97223

by dj97223

AJS914 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:09 pm
No American company would probably name themselves Seka. :-)

I hope they are not suggesting that the frame really blows.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

dj97223 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:41 pm
AJS914 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:09 pm
No American company would probably name themselves Seka. :-)

I hope they are not suggesting that the frame really blows.
No, it sucks