Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kheptan

by kheptan

meanwhile, i have to wait for my components to arrive from all over the place..that i find it more frustrating, its a hunt game for components
i went for sram force etap, yoeleo 50mm wheels
cassette was only available from italy, crankset from spain, shifters and brakes from germany, bottom braket from other store (ebay), bbtool only from one store...damn
first component i got was the cassette, today the BB will arrive..next week i hope the rest
but i still enjoy my old bike ride every day i can :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scbdm22

by scbdm22

Anyone know if you lock in the price for the balance at the time you order?

liam7020

by liam7020

Well guys I've a bit of a positive update to report. I took our friend ttommerdal's advice and emailed Seka Bikes directly at Ride@sekabikes.com and also sent them the same message on their Facebook page. Literally within a few minutes I received a reply to my messages on both platforms from the same person at Seka although they didn't give their name. Anyhow he/she asked me for my order details and promised to follow it up with Cycling100 or Club100 as they referred to.

Surprise surprise within the hour I had a message from Simone at Cycling100 apologizing for the delays and confirming that my frameset would be shipped out early next week! Shortly afterwards I had another FB message from the kind unamed person at Sekabikes to enquire if Cycling100 had indeed contacted me and then, after I had confirmed the contact, they told me to address any further queries directly to Seka Bikes. So let's see how it pans out.....
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

scbdm22

by scbdm22

I'm looking to order this frame, but I'm right in between sizes (small and medium). I'm 5'8" (172cm) and my current bikes are closer to Medium in stack and reach, if slightly longer. If I go with Medium i've calculated I'm going to need 100mm stem with 20mm spacers, if I go with Small I'm going to need 110 stem with 40mm spacers. I like that Small would give me longer exposed seatpost and longer stem (for aesthetics), but the tower of spacers is discouraging. Also strictly, I should really use 115mm stem on the Small, but stems only come in 10mm increments, so the Small would potentially be 5mm short. Probably not too bad, i've never felt my current bikes are too short anyway. Does anyone my height use Medium and can share pictures?

LAN

by LAN

I just built my bike, and needed to use 5mm more spacer than calculated since the integrated handlebar is really low. It is really hard to preciesly calculate since both lenght and height of integrated handlebars are measured differently.

From the top of the spacer to the top of the handlebar the height is only 40mm. (110mm stem)

Compared to Canyon H11 cockpit that is already really low, the height is 45mm.

Pinarello Most integrated and Trek Madone 9 handlebar add more than 50mm.

Also, the lenght of the Canyon H11 100mm stem is almost identical to Seka 110mm stem, maybe just 2-3mm difference.

djel

by djel

I finally received a response through the "Live" chat on Cycling100 website:
Hi sorry for the late reply. SEKA is still rearranging all the shipment because of the shortage of frames...I will push again and get back to you soon!!!
It doesn't look like it was written by Jonathan, but it's reassuring to have a life sign...

liam7020

by liam7020

Don't hold your breath. They finally responded to my emails last Thursday promising to ship my frame at the beginning of this week but it didn't happen and now the email replies haved dried up again. It's now over 3 weeks since I paid my balance and no frame nor correspondence.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

Stoffa

by Stoffa

Liam so you see yourself eventually riding a Seka?

liam7020

by liam7020

LOL! Your guess is as good as mine lad! If they'd said to me your frame won't be delivered until Oct or Nov, well that would have been ok, but this malarky of taking the moolah, promising to ship the frame within the week and then going into covert mode for nearly a month is a real pita.

You know, for the money it looks like a good product but their customer service has been complete shite so far. If there was a warranty issue, I wonder how that would go? I did manage to get another FB message thru to the un-named contact at Seka who said they would try to chase my order yet again with Cycling100 but at this point I'm losing the will. I don't mess people around and I expect the same courtesy in return.

daforce84

by daforce84

I had pre-ordered a frame back in January. I would check in about once a month to check the status of the order. Sporadically, I would receive replies saying "it's almost ready, which handlebars and seat post did you want with it?" I feel that their pre-order page should've had some method to select those two components (it didn't when I placed my pre-order... it seems like it does now, but only for handlebars).

I also asked for their stem adapter, and sent in some questions about what alternative stem/handlebar systems would work with the frame (FSA, DEDA, etc), but I never received a reply that fully answered that question (only that FSA ACR wouldn't work).

I fully understand the situation with the covid lockdown resulting in delays. However, the multiple emails asking what I had ordered didn't instill confidence that they had a good system in place for keeping track of things. Also, the knowledge of the product was lacking, IMO.

Eventually in June, I received an email saying the frame was just about ready to be shipped, and they asked me to confirm the seatpost and handlebars again, and pay the balance (they forgot about the stem adapter). The handlebar size and post they thought I had associated with my order was still incorrect, and they couldn't give an exact ship date... So, I just canceled my order, which they did refund within hours of me requesting for one).

I feel that C100 needs time to figure out how to run their online business more efficiently (hire and train more people). The concerns about warranty and customer service are legitimate ones. I'm hoping they work things out, or that SEKA just starts selling direct to consumer, like Winspace :)

liam7020

by liam7020

Many thanks for that information and it certainly adds some clarity to the situation, not in a good way, but clarity nonetheless. I don't know whether C100 are simply a re-seller or are directly associated with Seka but if it's the former then Seka need to find a better oulet for their product. I not sure how much longer I will give these people but I suspect it might not be long before I try to request a refund. I paid with my credit card through paypal so hopefully I'll have some redress if C100 try to play hardball. Thanks again for that info.

isehk

by isehk

daforce84 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:55 pm
I had pre-ordered a frame back in January. I would check in about once a month to check the status of the order. Sporadically, I would receive replies saying "it's almost ready, which handlebars and seat post did you want with it?" I feel that their pre-order page should've had some method to select those two components (it didn't when I placed my pre-order... it seems like it does now, but only for handlebars).

I also asked for their stem adapter, and sent in some questions about what alternative stem/handlebar systems would work with the frame (FSA, DEDA, etc), but I never received a reply that fully answered that question (only that FSA ACR wouldn't work).

I fully understand the situation with the covid lockdown resulting in delays. However, the multiple emails asking what I had ordered didn't instill confidence that they had a good system in place for keeping track of things. Also, the knowledge of the product was lacking, IMO.

Eventually in June, I received an email saying the frame was just about ready to be shipped, and they asked me to confirm the seatpost and handlebars again, and pay the balance (they forgot about the stem adapter). The handlebar size and post they thought I had associated with my order was still incorrect, and they couldn't give an exact ship date... So, I just canceled my order, which they did refund within hours of me requesting for one).

I feel that C100 needs time to figure out how to run their online business more efficiently (hire and train more people). The concerns about warranty and customer service are legitimate ones. I'm hoping they work things out, or that SEKA just starts selling direct to consumer, like Winspace :)
The frame top headset bearing depth is not the same as FSA or DEDA standard, I can confirm both would not work( or you can use it but there will be a huge gap)

majorana

by majorana

In China the lead time is around two weeks. I got my exceed RDC yesterday via ordering through a bike shop (¥12000 CNY=$1760 USD). Still waiting for my Shimano R9270 groupset to build the bike. I am shocked international sales has been such a mess...

liam7020

by liam7020

So in China are Seka frames a fairly common sight indicating that there's no real delay in production, rather, as you suggest, there is a problem with distribution by Cycling100?

RDY

by RDY

If Magic Cycling are dealing with overseas customers, I'd strongly recommend them over C100.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com