Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Ronin416 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:26 am

No sitting on the top tube or downtube squeeze! Lol

Do Factors still come with warning stickers telling you not to sit on the TT?

Anyway, $2300 seems fair for a frame module that includes a seatpost and integrated bar/stem and a supposed lifetime warranty.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Have a Factor VAM; I can't really pinch down on the tt with a decent amount of strength. Gitelis says you can sit on it at the light no problem, but it's not for top tube descent pedalling like how Mohoric does. He says he does sit on the TT himself.

If this is a good copy that's half the price of an O2 VAM, why not. Not sure what you want out of a brand name, if they offer a good warranty.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

I think half the people on this forum are blind. It clearly has very different geo and tube profile to both the Ostro and O2 ... it's nothing like them. How is it a copy?

Also, why on earth would you 'pinch' a carbon tube which is not designed to have any strength in that plane. It's a really, really stupid thing to do.

ChairmanJiang

by ChairmanJiang

derkv wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:06 am
Ok interesting. Just out of interest, are you willing to share which factory that is ChairmanJiang? I understand there might be an NDA in place so you can't share.

Back when Factor was founded I think they did share where they were having their frames produced, but I can't recall.
Initially they acquired a factory in Taiwan, and later invested in this factory in Xiamen. Although this factory is not big, the technology is actually quite good.

ChairmanJiang

by ChairmanJiang

There is an interesting phenomenon in China, cyclists like to buy EXCEED handlebars to match SSE, Madone/Emonda and other internal cable frames.

inertianinja

by inertianinja

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:54 am
Ronin416 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:26 am

No sitting on the top tube or downtube squeeze! Lol

Do Factors still come with warning stickers telling you not to sit on the TT?

Anyway, $2300 seems fair for a frame module that includes a seatpost and integrated bar/stem and a supposed lifetime warranty.
I just ordered an Ostro and asked about that. I was worried I couldn't do normal things like rest idly on the TT at stop lights or ride potholed NYC streets. It was explained to me that they really mean you shouldn't ride sitting on the top tube, as apparently people have started doing recently, but that it's plenty strong, designed to survive roubaix.

xDOMx

by xDOMx

I saw that CCache are now stocking the Exceed RDC frameset.

Interested to see how that comes out as regards rider / customer service experiences, etc.

liam7020

by liam7020

racingtiger wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:11 pm
liam7020 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:57 pm
Don't get all this whingeing about this having endurance geometry and how they need something more racy. Geo is very similar to Colnago and it doesn;t seem to have hindered Pogacar, Musseeuw, Tafi, Voeckler, Freire, Bettini etc etc etc!!
With the exception of Pogacar, they were all on custom geo bikes.... :roll:
Not sure you're right on that one. The only rider I knew who used custom geometry was Michele Bartoli who needed a longer top tube and for that reason he rode a Colnago CT1 frame which was titanium and therefore easier to customize than the C40s etc.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

racingtiger

by racingtiger

liam7020 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:16 pm
racingtiger wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:11 pm
liam7020 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:57 pm
Don't get all this whingeing about this having endurance geometry and how they need something more racy. Geo is very similar to Colnago and it doesn;t seem to have hindered Pogacar, Musseeuw, Tafi, Voeckler, Freire, Bettini etc etc etc!!
With the exception of Pogacar, they were all on custom geo bikes.... :roll:
Not sure you're right on that one. The only rider I knew who used custom geometry was Michele Bartoli who needed a longer top tube and for that reason he rode a Colnago CT1 frame which was titanium and therefore easier to customize than the C40s etc.
Musseeuw
"The Frame: “The carbon C40 I used in Paris-Roubaix was set up with the exact same geometry as my titanium bike and all my bikes. This carbon frame was built back in the day when carbon-fiber bikes used lugs, so we could have the bike fit to measure, unlike today’s carbon bikes, which are molded and come in fixed sizes. Back then, carbon-frame builders were still thinking like steel-frame builders. The lugs also added to the comfort of the carbon frame, which, at the time, was definitely more comfortable than titanium or aluminum. So it had certain advantages.""
NOW WITH MORE FLAVOR THAN KOOL-AID!

I'm 129 lbs! How's that for light!

derkv

by derkv

Ok, I'm seriously considering buying this frame.
I've already purchased the drivetrain components (SRAM Red power meter crank combined with Force).

All that is left is a wheel set and accessories. Since I'm 1.91m tall, I'd have to order size XL.

Anything you guys want me to check/measure if I indeed make the purchase? Of course I'll weigh the frame and fork.

RDY

by RDY

Not sure the XL will be big enough for you. Depends on leg length and how much stem length and saddle to bar drop you're willing to run. It certainly won't be the kind of setup that the bike's geo is aimed at. The XL should have been just a bit bigger IMO. Similar to the similarly proportioned TIme Scylon (~600/400 stack reach). Their XL being so small for relatively relaxed Geo makes it a problem for moderately tall riders. But maybe that's the objective for you, to make it more racy - run big saddle to bar drop and a long stem.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

ChairmanJiang wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:30 am
There is an interesting phenomenon in China, cyclists like to buy EXCEED handlebars to match SSE, Madone/Emonda and other internal cable frames.
The handlebar is an extreme PAIN IN THE ASS to work with.

So many weird tight angles. Even with Di2 it's a huge grief.

liam7020

by liam7020

derkv wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:27 am
I've already purchased the drivetrain components (SRAM Red power meter crank combined with Force).

All that is left is a wheel set and accessories. Since I'm 1.91m tall, I'd have to order size XL.

Anything you guys want me to check/measure if I indeed make the purchase? Of course I'll weigh the frame and fork.
Good man! I'm thinking about buying the large so I'd be interested in the weight of the frame with hardware. Cam Nicholls has a weight for the medium on his videos so it would good to know how much heavier your XL frame would be. Also the weight of the headset/spacers, provided thru axles and your handlebar/stem choice. Also the shipping costs charged by Cycling100 and delivery times. Cheers.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

derkv wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:27 am

Ask them to throw in the direct mount RD hanger and conventional stem adaptor with your purchase so you have more build options with your bike in the future should you wish to change things down the line. Also double check on your geometry and bar/stem size because I'm worried that the fantastic geometry at my size 52 equivalent might not translate to something equally nice at your end of the scale.

1202thomas

by 1202thomas

Just put down a deposit for one of the new colors. It will be a frame size Large in the white color. Will keep this thread updated with pictures and weights.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com