MAVIC - Warranty Process - Problems

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Hello People,

I'm starting at this tread, to know if there are many problems with Warranty Service in Europe, and other parts in the World, with MAVIC Warranty, Customer Service.

My story so far:

I have a 2020 Cosmic Ultimate T Wheelset for €3000 Wheelset (this is the 3rd Set of the model of wheels 2013, 2017, and now 2020, that i've bought the Years, almost €8000, spent on wheels of this brand , I like them!!!!), and in a cleaning of the bike, I've noticed a small undulations in the brake track of the rear wheel, the wheels have a 1 year about 5000Km give or take.
I've emailed Mavic, and they told you that in Portugal I must send the warranty thro the official MAVIC dealer.

That was done on the 19/07/2021 (with all the documents, photos, videos, etc, and Mavic Asked for the rear wheel) and the wheels were picked up, by MAVIC transport Service arrived at Mavic in Spain warehouse on the 23 07/2021, so far so good.

In the Beginnig of August, my dealer asked for some news, he said wheels have arrived on the warehouse, but they were moving from Madrid to Barcelona. Ok no problem, i will wait.

Meadle of August emailed Spain Mavic costumer service and told me the Center of Services will be closed until 05/09/2021. Asked my dealer, confirm me they were on vacation. Ok no problem, i will wait.

On the 06/09/2021, contacted from Spain Costumer Service and no answer was sent, at all emails sent by me on the next 2 weeks. Asked my dealer to inquire MAVIC, the same... and almost 2 all months have passed.

Fed up with this poor service, and specifically the lack of any kind of answer both to me or my dealer, I've asked for my wheel back to the French and Spanish costumer service, independent of the Wheel being or not warrantied.

I would like to know if this type of experience with Mavic is now, or is something of the pass too.

Best Regards
Nuno

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I would keep on trying to get hold of them and for sure not just ask for a damaged wheel in return. You have the paper works etc that proves you have sent it, so in due time it seems you get a warranty replacement. Maybe the move has been the culprit of the time line extension. Try to keep calm and you probably have this resolved.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

wheelsONfire wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:01 am
I would keep on trying to get hold of them and for sure not just ask for a damaged wheel in return. You have the paper works etc that proves you have sent it, so in due time it seems you get a warranty replacement. Maybe the move has been the culprit of the time line extension. Try to keep calm and you probably have this resolved.
Thanks for you massage WheelsONfire.

I would love to keep the calm on this subject, but the lack of any answer isn't a normal situation, they may even invoque the Pandanmic situation, but this situation as nothing to with it.

I belive the move of the warehouse was the culprit of this situation, but that was on July.

An simple answer assuring things are being treated would be appriciated, and a deadline too.

Also i wasn't expecting this kind of service from a warranty service of a Brand with this dimension, and reading on several foruns, experincence of several costumers isn't very good.

Last year i need to warraty a Lightweight Wheel, it was a breese to work with them, the comunication was TOP, and very fast service... wich the Mavic Costumer Service was like this.

Let's see if they answer this week,
Regards