Aftermarket internal cable handlebar options for Wilier Filante SLR

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cubist

by Cubist

I ordered a Wilier Filante SLR frameset. The Filante bar reach 114mm is perfect for me. However it is only available in a 420mm width. I rather ride a 400mm handlebar.

Too bad that with a frameset with this price tag there is so limited choice in handlebar width. For an aero bike you would think the brand would facilitate you to go narrow.

Unfortunately that is not the case.

Now I am wondering if there is a neat solution to this problem. Are there any good aftermarket options with a seperate stem/handlebar? Or a one piece cockpit?

It has to work with the frame and the integration of the bike.

Any ideas?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

engsohere

by engsohere

If I'm not mistaken the factory spacers are made of composite material with cavity for the cables. You could use Deda supplied spacers if they're position in the front. #1 is the piece that goes under the stem.ImageImageImage

Sent from my A574BL using Tapatalk

Cubist

by Cubist

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the weight of the stem and the aesthetics do not appeal to me at all. Had that stem in the shop and it just seems so so bulky..

roadwarrior

by roadwarrior

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/pro-vibe-evo-handlebar/
Seen a picture somewhere of this on a Filante with correct matching spacers.

Cubist

by Cubist

Ok nice to know that this one can work. Kind of hate the looks on this one as well though.. rather sport normal bar tape tbh.

dmbiscuit

by dmbiscuit

The Deda Alanera works, you can buy a specific adapter for the wilier headset then use the alanera spacers, or you can use the bar right on the Wilier spacers and they aaaaaalmost perfectly fine up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com