Creating workouts for the wahoo kickr

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TonyM

by TonyM

Hi,

How do you create your own workout for the Wahoo Kickr? Is this made in the Cloud or in the Wahoo app?
(I have downloaded the Wahoo app but for some reasons I could not find the way to create my own workouts)

TonyM

by TonyM

Ok here for future searches on that topic:

I googled a lot, and asked in Facebook and Reddit and it returns the following:

-> With the Whaoo home trainers, you have to pay for being able to create your own workout (in TR, Zwift etc.....)
Only possibility at the moment is to use trainer day (app.trainerday.com) to make workouts, then to push the workout to TR which in turn syncs it to the Element App or the Wahoo computer. Also the free TR verssion only allows you to make your workout for the current day and the following day; so no easy for creating a full training plan over the sseason or over the full winter.

- > With the Tacx smart trainers you can use the free Tacx app or the Tacx cloud to create all the workouts that you want etc...(This is what I am using since 2016 with my Tacx Neo and I wrongly asssumed that Wahoo had the same free feature). The premium paid version allows you to have the videos, upload GPS etc...

As I can create my own workouts and a training plan myself, I will buy my wife a Tacx and not a Wahoo smart trainer.
I am also not very keen to have to pay for subscription in TR, Zwift etc... to be able to have workouts that I can create myself (not a MiIllenial, Gen Z.....LOL🤪🤣)

PS.:
I am still looking at Golden Cheetah for this but it is not so convenient for us as we would have to use a PC with BT/ Ant+ and the space doesn't allow that in her room. And for some reasons, the latest version (and the Dev) version are crashing on my new Macbook Pro :-(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mcfarton

by mcfarton

IMO zwift is worth what they charge. I put in more time on the trainer because of them. Although I haven’t followed a specific plan in years. But zwift distracts me enough to train inside. If you have a nice smart trainer you have paid the majority of the money. Utilize a service and get the most out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyM

by TonyM

yes I use my own service by creating my own training plan and workouts.

Really not that difficult if you have the knowledge and experience.

But again if you like Zwift, then pay for it of course! That’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk