Force Flat mount brake work with Red Etap shifters?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

I bought an 11 speed Red Etap kit, hydro brakes that are post mount. My frame is flat mount. The Shimano adapters to make the post mount work look funky. I have 11 speed Mechanic Force shifters and flat mount discs. If I take off the Red post mount calipers and put the Force flat mount on will it work?

Thanks for the help in advance?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grover

by grover

Official word is no. You can physically connect them. But lever feel is poor. I can't remember the reason. There was a big thread about it.

MarshMellow

by MarshMellow

grover wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:27 am
Official word is no. You can physically connect them. But lever feel is poor. I can't remember the reason. There was a big thread about it.
Is there also a thread for Red22 Shifter with eTap Caliper? Doesn't have to be a big one.
RimClencher wrote:
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:56 am
That's your own fault for riding with no clothes on.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Juanmoretime wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:17 pm
I bought an 11 speed Red Etap kit, hydro brakes that are post mount. My frame is flat mount. The Shimano adapters to make the post mount work look funky. I have 11 speed Mechanic Force shifters and flat mount discs. If I take off the Red post mount calipers and put the Force flat mount on will it work?

Thanks for the help in advance?
I think Hope have calipers made to fit Sram.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

The official word. The post mount adapters for flat mount brake were Fugly with the post mount brakes on them. Plus I had 1mm of clearance from the seatstay. I put on the Force flat mount calipers today and it was a win win. They work awesomely with the Red eTap shifter levers and are much lighter than the Red post mount calipers with the post to flat mount adapters.