Light bars and bottlecages on a budget?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nicke

by Nicke

Can anyone recommend light bars (180g?) and bottlecages (<20g) for somewhat cheap.

Would preferrably order these both at once from the same place (maybe Aliexpress?).

I was thinking sub-100€ for the bars and maybe 10-ish € for the cages. Is this being too optimistic, i.e. does anything like this exist?

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

For a different outlook on bottle cages rather than Ali express knock offs that may or may not eject your bottle, Fidlock are 16g each because of the unique system and are solid as anything. Just a different action to get your bottle obviously. Not super cheap, but a lot less than the nice carbon stuff out there.
Cannondale SSEvo3 'Atticus' - 7.2kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161634

Cannondale Systemsix ’Dante’ - 7.7kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=167144

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

A-brand: love my Elite Superleggero cages (17gr) mounted with lightweight Al bolts.

Got some cheapies too from the big Ali - sizing just off that makes cages really annoying to use. Good Ali designs are IP infringements usually so that is a no-no for me.

Bars? Got some ~230gram Deda bars from the bay for €50. In white, probably adding to the affordability, but that fit my bike. From shops I think Primavera x-light is most affordable for really lightweight.

eurostar

by eurostar

Buy these bars and test them on behalf of us all! 185 grams, if you're lucky, for 44 euros. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001069 ... 1c0ae007-8

Lucendi

by Lucendi

Bottlecages are a really expensive way to shave weight. Some of the fake ones on eBay are quite great though.

Handlebars are kind of a product of their weight. Light handlebars feel flimsy when you put the hammer down and there is definitly a tradeoff between weight and stiffness.

You are better off saving weight on other components I think.

alanyu

by alanyu

Check XXX cages on ali, light weight 16g, dirty cheap 10 usd, and durable.

Nicke

by Nicke

eurostar wrote:Buy these bars and test them on behalf of us all! 185 grams, if you're lucky, for 44 euros. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001069 ... 1c0ae007-8
I had actually looked at these, but I forgot to mention I’m looking for short-reach bars and these are a bit long…

eurostar

by eurostar

Nicke wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:37 pm
eurostar wrote:Buy these bars and test them on behalf of us all! 185 grams, if you're lucky, for 44 euros. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001069 ... 1c0ae007-8
I had actually looked at these, but I forgot to mention I’m looking for short-reach bars and these are a bit long…
These are their shallow ones. https://og-evkinbike.com/collections/ha ... -handlebar

Quite a well known company - lots of snippets about them on other forums.

Nicke

by Nicke

But these are 210 +/- 20g :(

garbageman

by garbageman

alanyu wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:16 pm
Check XXX cages on ali, light weight 16g, dirty cheap 10 usd, and durable.
I use these and they work well. Never ejected a bottle. Broke one in a crash and ordered 2 replacements from the same seller and they were a bit thicker and 21-22g vs 16g for the first set I bought.

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

I have some Ali Carbon Works copies that are 8g each and have been great for the past few months, even on my shitty local roads. Really solid. Not super cheap though at ~$30 each with bolts.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000041 ... 6008bc1e-2
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Instead of getting 15 gram cages and putting standard 100g bottles in them, consider the Elite Vico cage (20g) and Fly bottles (54g).

I've been using these cages and bottles for years. Never launched, and function as well as any other bottle I've used. Bottles seem to be a common oversight in the WW community, for some reason.

Clean39T

by Clean39T

BigBoyND wrote:Instead of getting 15 gram cages and putting standard 100g bottles in them, consider the Elite Vico cage (20g) and Fly bottles (54g).

I've been using these cages and bottles for years. Never launched, and function as well as any other bottle I've used. Bottles seem to be a common oversight in the WW community, for some reason.
Because no one weighs their bikes w bottles in them.

I actually really like the Fly bottles just for their feel.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Clean39T wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:10 am
BigBoyND wrote:Instead of getting 15 gram cages and putting standard 100g bottles in them, consider the Elite Vico cage (20g) and Fly bottles (54g).

Because no one weighs their bikes w bottles in them.

I actually really like the Fly bottles just for their feel.
Do they not ride with bottles, either? lol.

I guess if we only care about weight until we actually use the bike...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tiz92

by tiz92

Elite Leggero Carbon only 20€ and 17 grams. Working great.

For bars look at the x-light Prime bar "only" 170€ for 170g bars (size 40 mm). I have used the aero counterpart. Best bars I ever had for a reasonable price. Otherwise go to aliexpress but low quality control scares me off. If you go to a "known" big chinese brand (yoleo, lightbycicle, carbonal etc.) you will pay more but have a product with higher quality control.