Pinarello Prince vs Paris

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

MisterNoChain wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:59 pm
I'm also thinking about pulling the trigger on a Pinarello. I was able to testride a F12 (disc) and it kinda blew me away. It felt so stable and planted, wanting to go forward. When i came home i switched the pedals to my Trek Emonda and the bike felt so twitchy comparing to the F12. I've been fortunate to testride bikes like the Trek Madone and Scott Addict and none felt like the F12.

Now my lbs has pre-ordered a frameset of the Prince, slightly different geometry and 100gr heavier then the F12. Reading some of the comments here i hope it is not a big difference compared to the F12 ...
When do you get the frameset / bike?
Would be interesting to hear (read) what you think! If you dare to be honest about Prince VS F12 :wink:
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

wheelsONfire wrote:When do you get the frameset / bike?
Would be interesting to hear (read) what you think! If you dare to be honest about Prince VS F12 :wink:
I will build it with the new r8100 groupset, expected delivery is the end of april. We'll see how that turns out Image. The frameset should come earlier.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

MisterNoChain wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:28 pm
I will build it with the new r8100 groupset, expected delivery is the end of april. We'll see how that turns out Image. The frameset should come earlier.
Jesus, that's long time!
What is it that takes that long to arrive,is it the frameset?
With these dates it's like people are ordering custom made bikes.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

wheelsONfire wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:22 am
MisterNoChain wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:28 pm
Jesus, that's long time!
What is it that takes that long to arrive,is it the frameset?
With these dates it's like people are ordering custom made bikes.
Not much we can do about it, too many people started riding bikes!
An exact date for the frame i dont have, but the frame should arrive somewhere this winter. So it's mainly waiting for the group. During the winter i tend to ride on Zwift the most of the time, it would hurt more if april becomes june (or ...). No more lockdowns please, let the factories run.

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

Good news! Managed to get my hands on a r8100 groupset, my original groupset got postponed to the end of the year . Wheels are in, just waiting for my frame now. Should come in by the end of this month.

But how do you fix a di2 battery inside the Prince frame? Just with the regular mount that comes with the groupset? I've seen special mounts for the dogma seatposts but is that the same seatpost as the Prince?

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Packing foam, patience and trial and error. You need to pack it in really tight to account fro the foam being "squished" over time.

There is a special mount for the Dogma F8/F10/F12 frames about 60euro IIRC. It's both cheap and expensive depending on how you look at it.

Edit: updated information about the F using a different seatpost below.
Last edited by istigatrice on Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

robbosmans

by robbosmans

MisterNoChain wrote:Good news! Managed to get my hands on a r8100 groupset, my original groupset got postponed to the end of the year Image. Wheels are in, just waiting for my frame now. Should come in by the end of this month.

But how do you fix a di2 battery inside the Prince frame? Just with the regular mount that comes with the groupset? I've seen special mounts for the dogma seatposts but is that the same seatpost as the Prince?
Pinarello uses the same seatpost for the Prince/F12,10,8 etc
Only the new F has a new narrower seatpost

Austy

by Austy

If your heart is set on a Pinarello, I suppose there’s nothing to steer you away from it, but I would personally not go the pinarello route unless it was one of their top of the line frames, and I say this as a Dogma F8 owner. The big box brands will give you better warranty.

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

Austy wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:34 pm
If your heart is set on a Pinarello, I suppose there’s nothing to steer you away from it, but I would personally not go the pinarello route unless it was one of their top of the line frames, and I say this as a Dogma F8 owner. The big box brands will give you better warranty.
The decision has been made yes. A friend has the new Dogma F, i've ridden with. I'll let you guys know what the difference is :).
Still waiting on my frame, the weather is starting to get better here in Europe so it may arrive!