Prettiest seatpost?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

clrdr

by clrdr

Seeking recommendations for a road seatpost that will look :thumbup: Does anyone have a recommendation for a colored anodized post that's decent and relatively lightweight? Or polished aluminum? Or just black anodized but with a graceful profile. Preferably

<$150
two-bolt/ easy tilt adjust

jlok

by jlok

Thomson Masterpiece?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Tune
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

eric01

by eric01

Love the masterpiece. Lightweight, secure clamp with good adjustment. Tunable too if you want to go there.

Straight post is classic. Some folks don't like the look of the setback version. In my opinion, it looks awkward if you have a lot of exposed seatpost, but looks great if only a little bit exposed, just beyond the bend.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

DHG01

by DHG01

I use the MasterPiece; it does look nice.

Tune leichtes stück also looks special; I am thinking of it for a build, but I need to figure out if I will have the minimum required sticking out.
Attachments
7D0E8FA3-58D7-4469-86E7-CCC5CF5384D4.jpeg
Last edited by DHG01 on Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

clrdr wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:24 pm
Seeking recommendations for a road seatpost that will look :thumbup: Does anyone have a recommendation for a colored anodized post that's decent and relatively lightweight? Or polished aluminum? Or just black anodized but with a graceful profile. Preferably

<$150
two-bolt/ easy tilt adjust

hard to make a recommendation without stating the diameter and length you need. :mrgreen:
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

eric01 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:29 am
Love the masterpiece. Lightweight, secure clamp with good adjustment. Tunable too if you want to go there.

Straight post is classic. Some folks don't like the look of the setback version. In my opinion, it looks awkward if you have a lot of exposed seatpost, but looks great if only a little bit exposed, just beyond the bend.
Agree, Masterpiece is really nice. I also have a setback version :thumbup:
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

I'm a big fan of the Woodman Carbo DX, I need setback. Cut to my with about 22 cm of post showiing its about 140 grams. Not as light as an AX or MCFK but hundresd of $ less for 17 to 19 grams more.

clrdr

by clrdr

DHG01 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:17 am
I use the MasterPiece; it does look nice.

Tune leichtes stück also looks special; I am thinking of it for a build, but I need to figure out if I will have the minimum required sticking out.
Love this thank you!

discolite

by discolite

MERLIN • Newsboy #11 • Elevator soft-tail • Cyrene 650C • Fat Beat • XLM Lefty • Extralite • Sandstone
ROAD • Litespeed Ghisallo • Cervelo RCA • Passoni Animus Ti
ETC • Spectrum Super Ti SS • Black Sheep FS • Budnitz Steel Belt Drive • Tyrell Ti

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Juanmoretime wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:02 am
I'm a big fan of the Woodman Carbo DX, I need setback. Cut to my with about 22 cm of post showiing its about 140 grams. Not as light as an AX or MCFK but hundresd of $ less for 17 to 19 grams more.
+1 on Woodman, I rode the aluminum version (on an aluminum bike) and it was quite stunning, just over 100g (250mm size), and not at all punishing. Woodman at Fairwheel Bikes is a weight weenie staple IMO.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

KCNC scandium post?

Colours, relatively lightweight, not to expensive.

https://www.kcnc.com.tw/allproducts_detail_109.html

bjarnetv

by bjarnetv

I'm a big fan of the Deda RS1
if you wipe away the text with some solvent it looks super clean.

DeLuz

by DeLuz

Also looking for a nice polished silver seatpost and the Ritchey Classic is appealing.
I have Thomson Elite on one bike and it is nice but one thing I do not like is the clamp is very long which makes it hard to install / remove saddle.
But that is not something you do very often, just that I was trying a bunch of different saddles and it was a little annoying.
https://us.ritcheylogic.com/us_en/bike/ ... t-seatpost

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joejack951

by joejack951

DeLuz wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:03 pm
Also looking for a nice polished silver seatpost and the Ritchey Classic is appealing.
I’ve never had a bad experience with a Ritchey seat post. I have one on all three of my drop bar bikes. The classic frame has the ‘Classic’ seat post.
Attachments
CD3D495C-765A-4CC7-BE1D-B9926B148885.jpeg