lekki 8 clones

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

So, as expected then? Copies!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

eurostar

by eurostar

Oh FFS. Not copies! Different shape, for narrow rims! DIFFERENT SHAPE, FOR NARROW RIMS! Different shape means not the same shape. If they were copies they would be the same shape. Am I getting through?

I shall call them Lekki7.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

So if they are the same shape, they can't be copies because no one would copy this brake.

If it's a different shape, it can't be a copy because it's different.

Got it. Haha

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

It is truly beyond me why people still want these. They have been shite brakes for over fifteen years, they won't improve by aging...

dj97223

by dj97223

eurostar wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:27 pm
Oh FFS. Not copies! Different shape, for narrow rims! DIFFERENT SHAPE, FOR NARROW RIMS! Different shape means not the same shape. If they were copies they would be the same shape. Am I getting through?

I shall call them Lekki7.
This thread reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTDsJd1l7Aw
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

Karvalo

by Karvalo

eurostar wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:42 am
Think about the Alibaba policy on IP and cloning. (You don't know what it is, do you?)
I'm sorry what? Is it really your logic here that these can't be fakes because Alibaba doesn't sell fakes?

Wow. Just..... wow.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

eurostar wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:27 pm
Copy doesn't mean exact copy. They'll change whatever they need to change to make it cheaper or easier to produce while remaining superficially similar to the product being copied.

Like all the fakes of the original S5 could never be bothered to copy the intricate rear brake fitting and just put a conventional one on instead. That didn't mean it must have been an exact copy of some earlier unreleased version of a real S5 with that fitting, it was just a lazy forgery.

What's coming through is that you clearly have some irrational need to believe that these things must be real. That's not how the world works, I'm afraid.

eurostar

by eurostar

Wider calipers, therefore not a copy. On AliExpress, therefore not a copy. (Ted could easily get the listings taken down if the product was a copy, but he hasn't. Alibaba protects IP these days. They have to because they've had government pressure and because they want to expand into Western markets.)

Obscure product with a bad reputation, almost no sales, expensive to make, therefore a copy outfit wouldn't touch it, the financial risk is too great. They make money by copying popular products and selling them cheap. Copying complex brakes from a disgraced brand with almost zero market presence and pricing them at £140 would be a suicidal move.

You've never even seen the product. You're an ignorant idiot trying to pretend you know what you're talking about. In fact your post is so stupid that it qualifies as trolling. Goodbye.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Just for a laugh, someone should enail Ted and ask him whether they are fakes / copies and see how long (if ever) it takes him to respond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tritiltheend

by tritiltheend

Man, the things people find to argue about...

Karvalo

by Karvalo

eurostar wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:49 pm
Wider calipers, therefore not a copy. On AliExpress, therefore not a copy.
Then call it a forgery instead.
(Ted could easily get the listings taken down if the product was a copy, but he hasn't. Alibaba protects IP these days. They have to because they've had government pressure and because they want to expand into Western markets.)
It just took me 30 seconds to find numerous fake 3T handlebars for knock down prices. But hey, you keep mindlessly swallowing the forgers' marketing and see what it gets you (apart from a set of brakes that doesn't do what you thought they would).

flybywire

by flybywire

Wantax wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:01 am
Bought a pair two weeks ago and received on Monday the rear one cracked in the pads support interface after only 2 rides,, same problem already saw in the forun with originals... Waiting atm for seller to answer my dispute for get a refund....

Run away of them
Can we please get a photo of the point of failure?

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Seems like there is a new version of these carbon rim brakes from Litepro, the design has been revised from the Lekki into something a bit more original

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003742137791.html
Last edited by StiffWeenies on Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sylvain70

by sylvain70

StiffWeenies wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:27 am
Seems like there is a new version of these carbon rim brakes from Litepro, revised deisgn from the Lekki to something a more original

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003742137791.html
The design is surprising, the width of composite around the screws is so small... when the fibers are not long enough, the composite is just ... a bad plastic :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com