Winspace frameset owners opinions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Casitars

by Casitars

I'd like to hear from owners of Winspace framesets.
I'm considering purchasing one.
I have Hyper 38 wheels and like them very much.
Any insight into the quality and how it's held up over time would be great. Also how is the ride quality/comfort level?

I'm a newbie. Hope this new thread is appropriate. I'm new to posting on forums.

Thanks in advance for any helpful information.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Casitars

by Casitars

I should add- I won't be able to monitor replies as they come in. I will check later today to see any responses. Thanks for understanding.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

What frame model?

Check out charles ouimet (youtuber) he has an aero frame,its really nice and hold well (+1000watts sprints,cold,climbing and Montreal pot holes lol) for thousands killometers. I saw the frame in real life and thr paintjob is so nice too!

Casitars

by Casitars

Thank you, Mcdeez.
I am, in fact looking at the T1500, the same bike Charles owns.
The video was very encouraging.
My experience with Winspace when buying my Hyper 38 wheelset was excellent. Very nice people and they were very upfront about everything along the way.
I will visit the Winspace site again and look further into the specs and geometry/sizing.
I will also use the discount code Charles posted on the video.

Thanks again.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Casitars wrote:Thank you, Mcdeez.
I am, in fact looking at the T1500, the same bike Charles owns.
The video was very encouraging.
My experience with Winspace when buying my Hyper 38 wheelset was excellent. Very nice people and they were very upfront about everything along the way.
I will visit the Winspace site again and look further into the specs and geometry/sizing.
I will also use the discount code Charles posted on the video.

Thanks again.
Its gonna be maybe my next frame too

Check out Cam Nicholls youtuber , he inspects the frame by a professional carbon expert and the results are very high quality

Casitars

by Casitars

Excellent, will do!

MagicShite

by MagicShite

beautifully engineered and built frames, better than any "european/western" high end frames I've came across before. I bought the T1500D (for a good friend) and personally own the SLC2.0D.

Only caveat is....

Extremely shite customer service. (very slow to respond, send the wrong items, tracking grief etc)

It's better to buy it off a retailer that stocks their frames.

Casitars

by Casitars

Hmm. I live in the U.S. so no dealers here that I know of.
Good to hear that you like the framesets.

I didn't have a bad time with the customer service, just a had to wait a week or so till they got my wheels back in stock. Shipping went well for me although I did pony up for the FedEx shipping.
Communication was pretty good overall but I was new to buying directly from China and they were actually moving their offices the week I ordered my wheels so it was likely a bit chaotic for them. So even though it was a bit slower than I would have liked it turned out okay. I was a bit nervous about it but it turned out fine in the end.

HenryH

by HenryH

I don´t doubt those who have had bad experiences with the customer service, but for me it has been very good - buying wheels and handlebars from them (two different occasions).

Difficult to find a lot of information about the frames. Seen so much %"%%% from big brands over the years so I will definitely consider Winspace if I´m going for a new bike (even if currently I would be too tall for the biggest T1500).

Casitars

by Casitars

So after watching the YouTube videos that were suggested above, the message I'm getting is Winspace makes high quality frames with moderately good paint jobs that are first generation and not as aero as some other brands that have had a second or third iteration. The riding experience is very good. Also the value is good to excellent depending on what your criteria are.
Plus there are those who find no fault and aren't nearly as critical, although no real comparisons were sited for those opinions thus far. Just thought highly of the frames.
So I am going to look at the various other brands mentioned in the videos and look at other framesets in approximately the same price point.
I'm going to compare the pluses and minuses as best I can and get more feedback along the way if I can.
So the search continues....
Thanks to all for the advice and insight.

Casitars

by Casitars

HenryH wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:05 pm
I don´t doubt those who have had bad experiences with the customer service, but for me it has been very good - buying wheels and handlebars from them (two different occasions).

Difficult to find a lot of information about the frames. Seen so much %"%%% from big brands over the years so I will definitely consider Winspace if I´m going for a new bike (even if currently I would be too tall for the biggest T1500).
Yes, I don't doubt the responses by those that are critical of the customer service either.
Different people, different day, mixed reviews about this issue.
As stated, my positive experiences were tempered by some patience and understanding that things are changing rapidly for the company- made up of real people. Hopefully they will settle down into a steady state of smooth operations. They were good to me and did try hard to get it right.

HenryH

by HenryH

How aero the frame is is extremely difficult to tell. I like that Cam Nicholls try to test things a bit, but his segments are far too short to really tell anything and you would need many more runs to be able to adjust for changes in conditions, the rider not sitting in exact same position, watts not being distributed in exactly the same way (even if the avg. is close) etc.

I get the logic of course. When companies like Merida have honed their design for several iterations for bikes being used by pro teams you would expect them to be at least as aero as Winspace. Not sure if any normal rider would be able to tell though. Even among the pro riders they don´t always go for the aero frame even on flat races etc. - why would a pro rider do that if he/she was losing anything significant? (even if of course in a bunch aero is quite irrelevant - still if you want to win you will be in the wind at some point)

Casitars

by Casitars

HenryH wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:21 pm
How aero the frame is is extremely difficult to tell. I like that Cam Nicholls try to test things a bit, but his segments are far too short to really tell anything and you would need many more runs to be able to adjust for changes in conditions, the rider not sitting in exact same position, watts not being distributed in exactly the same way (even if the avg. is close) etc.

I get the logic of course. When companies like Merida have honed their design for several iterations for bikes being used by pro teams you would expect them to be at least as aero as Winspace. Not sure if any normal rider would be able to tell though. Even among the pro riders they don´t always go for the aero frame even on flat races etc. - why would a pro rider do that if he/she was losing anything significant? (even if of course in a bunch aero is quite irrelevant - still if you want to win you will be in the wind at some point)
Yes, I see your point. Perhaps a head to head wind tunnel comparison of these frames will become available at some point.
For me the aero aspect is of less critical importance as I'm not winning any races, just enjoying the ride. It's fun just to see my own results. I can see getting the Winspace frameset for the ride quality and aesthetic not being overly concerned with every single watt. I do like way they look.
Still, I'll be doing some comparisons just to see what's out there.

HenryH

by HenryH

Casitars wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:47 pm
HenryH wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:21 pm

Yes, I see your point. Perhaps a head to head wind tunnel comparison of these frames will become available at some point.
For me the aero aspect is of less critical importance as I'm not winning any races, just enjoying the ride. It's fun just to see my own results. I can see getting the Winspace frameset for the ride quality and aesthetic not being overly concerned with every single watt. I do like way they look.
Still, I'll be doing some comparisons just to see what's out there.
Even a windtunnel is only so good for determining how well a frame performs in real life conditions.

Unfortunately the industry do not want use to know much about how frames, wheels etc. actually perform. As to why I do not know, but it means we who buy the bikes more or less have to buy them on faith.

Which is why I bought Winspace wheels. I´m not paying 3k euro for a set of wheels no-one can objectively show to me are better than a 1k set. I would imagine the same story would be true for frames. Even if there are more things that go into a frame than just performance - the problem is very few get to do serious testing on many of them before buying.

Casitars

by Casitars

Yes, I imagine bike companies have propriety secrets etc. If real world results initiates changes that lead to improved results for professional racing teams then I suppose it's "proven technology" but really, in truth, I'll never push up against the limits of those improvements so for me it's value, quality and aesthetic. The performance of the high quality frames I wish to compare will almost assuredly all qualify as more than equal to my abilities.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com