Winspace frameset owners opinions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

JayOJonson wrote:Interested in the slc anyone have much experience on the rim brake frameset
I asked Winspace if they were going to re-design the t1500 with the relaxed UCI ruling and a rep told me that they don’t have anything in the near plans because they have a new aero-climbing bike coming fall 2023 to replace the SLC. Don’t quote me on the dates, they told me that a while ago so I could be wrong. I’m hoping they do release a new t1500 soon after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rone69

by Rone69

JayOJonson wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:48 pm
Interested in the slc anyone have much experience on the rim brake frameset
me too I'm interested to SLC 2.0

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Northerly87

by Northerly87

I have just built the SLC 2.0 rim brake version. A few small things that annoyed me when I built it:
-It came with two covers for the cable hole on the downtube for the gear wire. A blank one for AXS/new disc brake Di2 and one for mechanical wires. None that suited a single Di2 cable. No grommets for the smaller new Di2 derailleur cables either, had to buy these seperately.
-Some paint chipped off while installing the direct mount brakes, both front and rear.
-Inner diameter of seattube was slightly too big in my opinion (very sloppy fit), but no problems with seat post once clamped to correct torque.
The BB was fine, maybe a bit tight as new bearings felt a bit gritty, but fine after wearing in. An easy bike to work with, due to standard seatpost clamp, round steerer tube etc.
I have already used the bike for a climbing road race, a crit and some training rides, and it is fantastic. Very fast with 55mm rims. Difficult for me to say anything about the stiffness, but it feels just right. It is not "too" light and flexible. Very good for both climbing and sprinting.

Rone69

by Rone69

Northerly87 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:49 pm
I have just built the SLC 2.0 rim brake version. A few small things that annoyed me when I built it:
-It came with two covers for the cable hole on the downtube for the gear wire. A blank one for AXS/new disc brake Di2 and one for mechanical wires. None that suited a single Di2 cable. No grommets for the smaller new Di2 derailleur cables either, had to buy these seperately.
-Some paint chipped off while installing the direct mount brakes, both front and rear.
-Inner diameter of seattube was slightly too big in my opinion (very sloppy fit), but no problems with seat post once clamped to correct torque.
The BB was fine, maybe a bit tight as new bearings felt a bit gritty, but fine after wearing in. An easy bike to work with, due to standard seatpost clamp, round steerer tube etc.
I have already used the bike for a climbing road race, a crit and some training rides, and it is fantastic. Very fast with 55mm rims. Difficult for me to say anything about the stiffness, but it feels just right. It is not "too" light and flexible. Very good for both climbing and sprinting.
The SLC is comfortable?, Is good for a long rides?
If it's possible, I'd like to know your opinion about this frame compared to the others you have had or you have tested.
Can you post some pictures?
Thank you very much.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

Rone69 wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:48 am
Northerly87 wrote:
If it's possible, I'd like to know your opinion about this frame compared to the others you have had or you have tested.
Thank you very much.
I have a SLC, it's very stiff. Great for railing corners and racing but comfortable isn't the word I'd use to describe it.

Rone69

by Rone69

MagicShite wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:25 am
Rone69 wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:48 am
Northerly87 wrote:
Thank you very much.
I have a SLC, it's very stiff. Great for railing corners and racing but comfortable isn't the word I'd use to describe it.
Thank you very much.

Northerly87

by Northerly87

I am comfortable on it for long rides, but this is not a particular comfortable bike. It is a race bike in terms of stiffness and geometry. I would say it is similar to other race bikes, like Canyon Ultimate. I only got 600km on it last year.

mfm008

by mfm008

I'm interested in the rim brake option on the T1550 (or T1500), there is a direct mount rim brakes. Has anyone built this on SRAM? SRAM has a model S-900 direct mount rim brakes, but it says on the internet that it is not designed to be placed under the chainstay where the T1550 brake is located, I wonder if this model of brakes can work. I emailed Winspace but got no response in 12 hours. I think the question is pretty obvious and straightforward. How to build a rim brake T1550 on a SRAM (electronic)? Any third party models, maybe even Shimano brakes?

mfm008

by mfm008

Winspace told me that the S-900 Sram rim brake is not recommended for the T1550. It seems that SRAM groupset is generally not recommended as a rim brake option.

I would prefer SRAM because of the wireless ones. But at least the Shimano battery is installed in the seatpost, as they confirmed. This should make it easier to assemble if I buy a rim brake version, because such modern bikes may be unusual for mechanics in our area.

alexp247365

by alexp247365

You can use the direct chat window that pops up on their website to chat with them during China buisness hours. I've done that on a few occasions. When in doubt, Google translate is your friend.

Cannot comment on the T1500, as I went with the SLC 2.0 (that should be here sometime later today from UPS.)