Parlee Derailleur Clamp: Chain Catcher?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nickf

by nickf

I have a Parlee clamp on a couple of my bikes already with chain catchers BUT they aren't really a great solution. The clamp has a rounded front making it hard to mount a chain catcher. With the SRAM chain catcher, the black plastic base doesn't sit flush on the clamp making it hard to adjust, also cant fully tighten it to be fully secure. I have a gravel bike incoming and will need a secure solution, way more potential for a dropped chain on the gravel bike. Is there a chain catcher that is compatible to fit the Parlee clamp?

dj97223

by dj97223

if your downtube shape permits, a Deda DogFang would work.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tanghy

by tanghy

If you can get hold of some of the old k edge chain catchers with a separate clamp, that would work

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

I have several bikes with Parlee clamps and chaincatchers, and you are right that it is not ideal. The K-edge Pro chaincatchers come with an alloy spacer and I tend to reshape this with a file to match the clamp. Drop me a PM and I can send a picture.

I have also used the cheaper carbon clamps from ebay which have a flatter front.

ms6073

by ms6073

ghisallo2003 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:19 am
The K-edge Pro chaincatchers come with an alloy spacer and I tend to reshape this with a file to match the clamp.

I have also used the cheaper carbon clamps from ebay which have a flatter front.
That was my solution as well but still had to use the flat file to modify the base of the K-Edge mount.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

nickf

by nickf

Thank you for the tips. Ordered a kedge to try out on my other bike.

Ended up going with a braze on derailleur tab on the frame itself for the gravel bike. Don't want to fuss with it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com