Smallest saddle bag?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mmendoza87

by mmendoza87

Hey all, sorry to derail slightly. I'm designing a new ultra-small saddle bag for https://postcarry.co. I'm designing it to fit these next generation of tubes (TPU, latex, Tubolito, etc) and maybe a multi-tool and tire lever at most. I would like to know what you guys would consider a good weight for a saddle bag to be. I looked at a few bags out there already, the only bag that has its weight listed is Silca's saddle roll which is 85g.

synchronicity

by synchronicity

~50 grams?
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drainyoo

by drainyoo

nunokas wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:06 pm
I think the smalest is the Canyon load road Slim.
They are so small that I bought two 😁
This is perfect, exactly what I'm looking for. Canyon has it available on every site except for US, strange.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Everything's bigger in the states 😂

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

Know this is an older thread, but also looking for the smallest bag out there. Only to hold a tubolito style tube and co2. If it holds a normal tube, tools, etc it's too big.

The canyon one looks grea, but not available in the US. Shipping is hahahaha $200.

Can anyone buy me a couple and I will pay you for them and shipping? Plus a sixer for you troubles.

dmbiscuit

by dmbiscuit

I use a lezyne cadysack (get the size you need) and strap it to my saddle rails with a Velcro strap. Super compact and light solution that works well for me.

Angui

by Angui

mmendoza87 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:02 am
Hey all, sorry to derail slightly. I'm designing a new ultra-small saddle bag for https://postcarry.co. I'm designing it to fit these next generation of tubes (TPU, latex, Tubolito, etc) and maybe a multi-tool and tire lever at most. I would like to know what you guys would consider a good weight for a saddle bag to be. I looked at a few bags out there already, the only bag that has its weight listed is Silca's saddle roll which is 85g.
Rapha saddle bag small was great (good capacity, 40gr) but looks to be discontinued
The one thing no lightweight saddlebag resolved for me is how to carry a decent sized pump (always concerned with a CO2 that I'll fxxx it up and end up with flat tire and no air left, and the small pumps that fit in the bag aren't quite good), practical solution is with a cable tie although not very elegant...
Attachments
97D39E6B-DD38-48FF-A40D-E0F14BDE1812.jpeg

xDOMx

by xDOMx

Second vote for Mori Mono.

The standard saddle bag is very compact and mine weighs 25.9g.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Mori Mono is always a good choice if you can find it in stock. I have the smallest Lezyne bag, and it's tiny. It's possible to put a light butyl tube in with a CO2 cartridge, but it's a really tight squeeze. With a TPU tube it's perfect.

It's much smaller than the Silca above, which imo is much too big, too (many small pumps come with bottle cage mounts)

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

Mori seems to be out of stock and while it looks ok, it is still pretty large and built around standard tubes for a spare.

I am not quite wrapping my head around the caddysack working. I have a medium (would obviously use a small), but I don't see how a Velcro strap is securing it since there are no attachment points?

MattMay

by MattMay

Just bought this bag from Australia, perfect size for my needs…not cheap but lotsa colors. Bought two. Took about 10 days to get to US. I like the no-Velcro approach. Has two inside stretch loops, could hold 2 co2 cartridges or one plus tire levers or multi tool.

https://skingrowsback.com/collections/saddle-bags

usr

by usr

My ideal saddle bag would be a two-stage thing: a tight tool roll binding your favorite subset of mini-pump/co2/minitool/levers/patchkit/plugs to a "hard part", and a soft, stretchy lycra pouch below for the tube/tubes. The "hard" in "hard part" would be from the contents, not from the casing (something like the original Silca roll would be fine, just a little smaller because it wouldn't hold a tube)

The key difference to everything existing would be that all load-bearing straps would have to go *between* hard roll and soft pouch, so that the tightness required to stop it bobbing around wouldn't ruin the tube. The much lighter tube would have plenty of stabilisation from the gentle lycra stretch (protected from the inevitable dirt by an ad-hoc plastic bag *inside* the pouch)

Ideally, the load-bearing straps would hug the seat rails individually, instead of around both at once, to allow the "hard part" getting pushed between. Wouldn't go far up (no mini tool would fit), but higher than with a wraparound strap. Rail straps on the huge backpack substitutes usually do something similar, but the "seat roll with pouch" might want two per side because it lacks the seatpost attachment.

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

I can't find anything.

I am serious, can some one in the EU buy me two or three of the Canyon road load slims?

I will obviously cover the cost and throw in a little extra for your troubles.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Speedsleev. The regular Ranger holds a lot and is very easy to remove (I switch one from bike to bike). Highly recommend. Then there's a Small version, and a Seatsleev micro version with a strap and not a bag. Fast service from the company too.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum