Shimano 6800 Brake Pivot Bolt Assembly (Rim brake caliper).

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Oms

by Oms

Hiya,

Just stripped the old bike ready to service and move components onto my new frame.

I noticed the front brake pivot bolt is bent - seems it was like that from new. I purchased the bike, and never had to adjust the pads in 6000 miles. I guess it works as is, however I'm not happy with it being like that.

I see there are replacement bolts available for various other Shimano series brake calipers... but nothing listed for the 6800 callipers. I'd prefer to have a straight bolt.

Any idea of which would fit?

Ta v much.

Ps The disc brake appreciation club will without a doubt enjoy reading this. 🤣

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gary71

by Gary71

Maybe a photo of the bolt in question might help identify the culprit? First thoughts without knowing would be that any 5700 seriers 105 bolt would be the same/similar??
Others on this forum would know for sure

Oms

by Oms

Hiya,

I've attached it.

The culprit, is the long male bolt (which goes through the front of the fork).. to which the long nut fits into (that bit if fine).

All my kit is in a sealed box under a staircase (50 miles away), so only have that photo

Added a photo from SJSC's website (admin feel free to delete if it causes any copyright issues).It's the longest one in the photo that I'm after.
Attachments
6800 Rim Brakes
6800 Rim Brakes
5700 pivot bolt assembly
5700 pivot bolt assembly

Oms

by Oms

Update:

Turns out the bolt isn't replaceable. New 6800 calipers were fitted. 👍