Le Col thread

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Hello. I was having questions about Le Col regarding sizing and general questions, but I couldn't find anywhere relevant to ask. So I thought it would be good to have a specific thread on it. If it is alright.

So I ordered a Pro Air jersey, Aero jersey and Mclaren LS all in medium. The first order got sent back to Le Col because for some reason it didn't clear customs. Then the same thing happened with the other one. During this time I read more of the reviews and I came to the conclusion that I probably need S in all the garments. Now I panicked, cancelled both orders and got everything in small instead.

I have lost some weight so I have had trouble with finding the right sizes. I have the Castelli Aero Race 6.0 in medium and it fits perfectly. I also have an Oakley Aero jersey in medium and it's way too loose for an aero jersey. The Assos Lehoudini suit fits me in medium but I don't know if the RS9 jersey would fit the same.

I want to order the Le Col pro bibs now but am not sure if I need small or medium. I am 181cm and 65-66kg at the moment. When it comes to bibs, Castelli and Assos, both work great in medium as well. But from what I reas in the Le Col bib reviews, I'm led to believe it's small I would need.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

welchy

by welchy

LeCol fits me a bit bigger than others, but I mean I fraction bigger. It's to me virtually the same as Rapha for sizing, again, which I think fits big in jerseys anyway.

Rapha L is more like an XL in Santini jerseys, LeCol is about the same as Rapha.

It's just your height causing me an issue as your 181cm so not sure how that'll be.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

welchy wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:46 pm
LeCol fits me a bit bigger than others, but I mean I fraction bigger. It's to me virtually the same as Rapha for sizing, again, which I think fits big in jerseys anyway.

Rapha L is more like an XL in Santini jerseys, LeCol is about the same as Rapha.

It's just your height causing me an issue as your 181cm so not sure how that'll be.
I've never had any Rapha clothing. How would you compare them to Castelli? Everything Castelli fits me in medium. I read somewhere that Le Col comes up small like Castelli, but then kept reading the opposite in the reviews. A lot of people saying they're too loose.

I don't think length will be an issue, I have quite long legs and shorter upper body. Most of the time I feel jerseys are too long for me and they bunch up when in an aggressive position. Although it's not the case with the Castelli Aero 6.0.

I have a couple of Santini Classe SS jerseys in M and they fit me well in volume, but they are also too long. That's not an issue though since they are not meant to be race cut.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

Nickldn

by Nickldn

I have both Le Col and Castelli jerseys, Le Col jerseys are slightly tighter, but not by a whole size.

I also have Le Col Bib Shorts in size S, for reference I'm 168cm and 65kg. They fit me well but are slightly smaller then Gore C7 Bib Shorts.

I'm not sure there will be a whole size difference between Castelli and Le Col, you just have to expect a slightly tighter fit with Le Col I guess.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Nickldn wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:54 pm
I have both Le Col and Castelli jerseys, Le Col jerseys are slightly tighter, but not by a whole size.

I also have Le Col Bib Shorts in size S, for reference I'm 168cm and 65kg. They fit me well but are slightly smaller then Gore C7 Bib Shorts.

I'm not sure there will be a whole size difference between Castelli and Le Col, you just have to expect a slightly tighter fit with Le Col I guess.
Now you got me worried again.🙂 The Castelli Aero Race jersey in medium is very tight on me, so if Le Col is the same or smaller, then I'm screwed. Which Castelli jerseys are you comparing to which Le Col ones? I guess it's not easy to compare if one is a lower level relaxed fit and the other a race fit aero jersey.

In the next post I will post some of the reviews on the sizing of the Pro Air jersey. Just so it will be easier to find if someone is looking for help with sizing. Judging from that, I should be good, especially considering the 1,88 guy weighing 68kg wears a S.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Le Col Pro Air jersey

Fantastic jersey for warm weather riding. I am 69kg and bought a size small

superb fitting (M, 186cm 75kg), ultraleight. best jersey I own.

I am 1.76m and 73kg, the M size fits me very well. Comfortable, good fit and high quality. Highly recommended for warm weather riding.

Nice shirt, good for warm weather, great fit and graphics are also a nice touch, 184cm 76kg size M

A great fit. I’m 188cm and 68kg and fits me like a glove in size S without being too tight or a restrictive feeling. I like a race fit with no flapping material and this is spot on. Very light weight too without being see through. I ended up buying a second one.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Castelli has many different fits. The Aero Race fit, the Team fit, the Podio/Training fit, the All-Day fit on stuff like the Superleggera line. I’d be scared if Le Col fit even tighter than the most current Aero Race line, both the SM jersey and bibs barely fit me even when I’m at my lowest weight (178cm/59kg).

Meanwhile a Podio/Team jersey flaps around my midsection like loungewear.
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Looking at the size charts for medium. Castelli has 96 on chest and Le Col 101-106. That's the one that had me leaning towards S. Waist is 84 on Castelli and 82-87 on Le Col.

Second one is Le Col.
85FF4D39-BEC1-41A1-BEF2-E931BA82AB35.png
ECE82697-27A1-424E-A418-1C48BE2B329B.png
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:19 pm
Castelli has many different fits. The Aero Race fit, the Team fit, the Podio/Training fit, the All-Day fit on stuff like the Superleggera line. I’d be scared if Le Col fit even tighter than the most current Aero Race line, both the SM jersey and bibs barely fit me even when I’m at my lowest weight (178cm/59kg).

Meanwhile a Podio/Team jersey flaps around my midsection like loungewear.
I was thinking along those lines. Wondering which ones the charts I just posted are for. The Castelli chart is taken from an Aero Race ad and the Le Col seems to be the onlt chart provided on their site.

I just looked again, the Sport jersey has the same chart listed as the top ones.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

My tuppenceworth - I only ever wear Castelli Rossa Corsa or Le Col (mostly the latter these days).

For reference I am around 5'10" and 70ish kg.

I am medium in all Rosso Corsa jerseys and large in bibs and bibtights.

Le Col is not so straightforward as each range, HC, Pro and Sport has a slightly different cut and it can depend on material used, even in the same range.

So, in Le Col tops I am a small in HC and Sport, but a medium in Pro.
The long sleeve Pro Aquazero jerseys are weird, where I'm a medium in the solid colours but the pinnacle version is a less stretchy material and I need a large!

As far as bibshorts and bib tights go, the sizing is far more consistent- I am a small in all of them.

Hope this helps

Nickldn

by Nickldn

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:14 pm
Nickldn wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:54 pm

Now you got me worried again.🙂 The Castelli Aero Race jersey in medium is very tight on me, so if Le Col is the same or smaller, then I'm screwed. Which Castelli jerseys are you comparing to which Le Col ones? I guess it's not easy to compare if one is a lower level relaxed fit and the other a race fit aero jersey.

In the next post I will post some of the reviews on the sizing of the Pro Air jersey. Just so it will be easier to find if someone is looking for help with sizing. Judging from that, I should be good, especially considering the 1,88 guy weighing 68kg wears a S.
I'm comparing the Castelli Entrata V jersey with the Le Col Pro Air Nexus jersey. Both size S.

The Le Col is definitely a tighter fit then the Entrata V. I also tried on a Castelli Climbers jersey once and think it was smaller then the Pro Air Nexus.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Nickldn wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:26 pm

I'm comparing the Castelli Entrata V jersey with the Le Col Pro Air Nexus jersey. Both size S.

The Le Col is definitely a tighter fit then the Entrata V. I also tried on a Castelli Climbers jersey once and think it was smaller then the Pro Air Nexus.

The Entrata is based on a comfort fit while the Climber is race fit.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Even as an RCC super fan, I really like le Col.
The stuff they make is very high quality. I like how grippy the rubber in the sleeves is to grip onto the leg and upper arms, so everything stays wrinkle free.
The HC bibs have a great cushion, and I really like how the suspenders are relatively stretchy, and don't at all cut into circulation. Having a long upper body, that tends to be a problem for me.
I am 190.5cm, 70 to 71kg, skinny arms and legs and broader shoulders. M for the jerseys fits well, L for the pants.
I could probably even fit a size smaller, but especially on the jerseys, I really don't like them being too short.

One more great thing is they really happen to cover topics I care about.
The "climbs" range, where jersey, socks and hats are designed around epic climbs is a fun little detail, with me tackling two of these climbs soon. Also, as a fan and participant of the Haute Route, I like that line, too.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Ok thanks, then I will be getting the bibs in S.

Has anyone from Europe payed taxes on orders from them? They told me there would not be any extra charges and it says so on checkout also.I had to pay 22 euros on one order and nothing on the other package. I'm from Sweden btw.

Also, does anyone have any of the Mclaren stuff? Any difference in fit compared to the regular Aero jersey?
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

andygravett

by andygravett

I've recently started using some le col gear heritage jersey, mitts and a cap (some strava promotion meant a good discount) I've also got some rapha, cycology and craft gear I'm in a large jersey and the fit is great even with a light compression base layer (in Scotland we don't really do summer), my only niggle so far is the cycle cap it is nice and very lightweight mesh with a peak I've used it twice and after 2nd wash the visor has started to separate at the edge from the main cap :( I've had other cheaper caps do the same, but also have another cycology cap which is much much better. I would also suggest that Rapha are maybe a wee bit better for winter riding and their bib shorts are very comfortable.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com