A question for Giant TCR SL 2021 Owners.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Jimmypragmatic

by Jimmypragmatic

I've seen an image of a longer ISP Topper on the internet! For the specifically the 2021 model. And I wondering if when you guys purchased the bikes, was included in box?

For reference:
Short clamp

Long clamp

Responses are appreciated! :D

Raimundo

by Raimundo

Yep, both in the box...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jimmypragmatic

by Jimmypragmatic

Raimundo wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:30 pm
Yep, both in the box...
Damn! I didn't get one and I can't find anything online about it.

damond

by damond

You get both tops when you buy a frameset or complete SL bike!

Raimundo

by Raimundo

Couldn't you just ask the seller for it, maybe he just "forgot" it...

Happened to me a couple of times when ordering Rock Shox forks at my LBS, they always "forgot" the high-pressure pump. But every time i went back to ask for it, they didn't even flinch, they went directly to the correct drawer to get it for me. lol

Tbh, if you dont need that long seat mast, you're not losing much:
-It has a huge setback difference when comparing with the short one. The TCR is already a very long bike.
-it doesn't has a carbon top plate like the short one. This and the long size makes it a porker.
-it's not as good-looking as the short one, thats for sure!

Either way, i have seen a couple of online retailers with it on stock at very affordable prices...

Jimmypragmatic

by Jimmypragmatic

Raimundo wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:07 pm

Happened to me a couple of times when ordering Rock Shox forks at my LBS, they always "forgot" the high-pressure pump. But every time i went back to ask for it, they didn't even flinch, they went directly to the correct drawer to get it for me. lol

-It has a huge setback difference when comparing with the short one. The TCR is already a very long bike.
-it doesn't has a carbon top plate like the short one. This and the long size makes it a porker.

Either way, i have seen a couple of online retailers with it on stock at very affordable prices...

I can see Giant sells the shorter topper but not the longer one. I will be calling the shop today, they are pretty far out so hopefully I can convince them to ship it to me! I had them throw in a bunch of extra things with the bike... like a lot haha; legwarmers, sealant, extra shims. etc so I can see why they may have kept the seatpost.

really ?! cutting cost on the top plate haha, honeslty it just so my mate can borrow the bike for a few weeks. I am trying to convince him to get a TCR but he wants a Supersix.

Thanks for the help.

damond

by damond

Jimmypragmatic wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:10 am

I can see Giant sells the shorter topper but not the longer one. I will be calling the shop today, they are pretty far out so hopefully I can convince them to ship it to me! I had them throw in a bunch of extra things with the bike... like a lot haha; legwarmers, sealant, extra shims. etc so I can see why they may have kept the seatpost.

really ?! cutting cost on the top plate haha, honeslty it just so my mate can borrow the bike for a few weeks. I am trying to convince him to get a TCR but he wants a Supersix.

Thanks for the help.
Every Giant that comes with tubeless tires also brings 2 bottles of sealant, tire leveres, a set of protection stickers, a bell.

Every Giant Adv Pro or SL brings: ride sense (except for the ones with PM)

Every 2021 TCR Adv SL bring 2 seatmasts

As for 2021 every Adv Pro and Adv Sl bring also the new GPS front mount

Raimundo

by Raimundo

Jimmypragmatic wrote:
Raimundo wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:07 pm

Thanks for the help.
You're welcome,

That's a bummer, i wouldn't consider you a pesky client if you ordered all that extra stuff from them. Arguably, the biggest secret of the trade is to treat your coustumers right so they are willing to continue as costumers... TBH maybe your seller is not even aware of this, i don't know your terms with them (and it's really not my business anyhow). Honest and unbiased dialogue makes right i believe.

But like Damond said, the framesets/full bikes come with a good package of extras... I even got a very nice carbon computer mount wit my frameset, even though the frameset does not ship with a stem. go figure...

As a last resort, if your shop doesn't sort you out, you can try and post an add here at Weight Weenies on the "WANTED" section. i guess there are a load of 2021 TCR owners that will never use their long version seatmasts.

darrydonds

by darrydonds

damond wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:44 am
Jimmypragmatic wrote:

Thanks for the help.
Every Giant that comes with tubeless tires also brings 2 bottles of sealant, tire leveres, a set of protection stickers, a bell.

Every Giant Adv Pro or SL brings: ride sense (except for the ones with PM)

Every 2021 TCR Adv SL bring 2 seatmasts

As for 2021 every Adv Pro and Adv Sl bring also the new GPS front mount
A bell? Really?

What are those "protection stickers"?

Also, do you know if Giant bikes with carbon wheels come with carbon-wheel-safe tire levers? (I think I read some Giant documentation to not use "regular" lever, which may risk damaging the carbon wheels.)

damond

by damond

Yes, a bell and some light reflectors as well!

The protection stickers are transparent vinyl strickers to put where cables may rub on the frame. Yes, every Giant comes with carbon friendly tire levers (black for giant bikes, purple for Liv bikes).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

darrydonds

by darrydonds

damond wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:51 pm
Yes, a bell and some light reflectors as well!

The protection stickers are transparent vinyl strickers to put where cables may rub on the frame. Yes, every Giant comes with carbon friendly tire levers (black for giant bikes, purple for Liv bikes).
Thanks for the info! Contacting my bike shop.