Ciamillo Brakes - Warning!

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Hell thats not bad some ppl ask questions in a thread that contains there answer a few posts above on the same page. But the search window is available and works well for the most part as I use it all the time when looking for answers.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rogeliote

by Rogeliote

dolophonic wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:39 pm
@rogeliote yes bad news but i think you will have better luck with the EE brakes.

Living in Asturias you definatley need good brakes ! at least you have the great riding to enjoy. :thumbup:
😉 I hope so!

I understand the people that told me that I must read the previous post about Ted but for that reason I bought the product directly to Dulight.

Unfourtunately I discover that the product is on par in terms of quality with the owner of the company...

tonchy

by tonchy

I have good experience with Ciamillo.
Ordered on 23.04, received on 08.07. - USA to Slovenia (Europe).
Shipping and custom clearance took almost 7 weeks, not his fault of course.
Communication with Ted was more than OK.

Will see how the brakes will perform. :)

ms6073

by ms6073

tonchy wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:11 am
Ordered on 23.04, received on 08.07. - USA to Slovenia (Europe).
Shipping and custom clearance took almost 7 weeks, not his fault of course.
I thought Ciamillo mentioned relocating to Europe and Irish Cycles was handling North/South American sales. :noidea:
- Michael
"Solving problems you didn't know you had in ways you probably won't understand"

Attermann

by Attermann

he moved to poland, maybe he's back.

tonchy

by tonchy

As far as I know all orders made on his webshop are sent from USA.
I was asking if there is any chance to purchase the brakes in Europe - unfortunately no.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Is his brakes worth all the hassles that come with it? I have not and probably would not ever deal with a person/company like that. Anyone that does is a fool. Of course, if you have money to burn, then maybe it's not a big deal.

DondonJohns

by DondonJohns

Rogeliote wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:46 am
Hello everybody,

I would like to share with you that I have been in the forum since 2004. I do not write much but I am always reading the topics that all of you write because they are of great help to me.

I have never put a single criticism or complaint about a product or a brand and all my messages have always been very respectful.

However, I think I should share with you the experience I have had with Ted Ciamillo and his with his Lekki 8.

I bought the Lekki 8 at Dulight, where I am a regular customer. They arrived perfectly, the installation was laborious but without problems. Two weeks after putting on the brakes when checking the bike I noticed that three of the arms were broken at the height of the shoe holder.

A problem that could have had very serious consequences for my health. I contacted Bastien de Dulight and he was as kind as usual. He offered me a refund from minute 1 but I asked him to try to fix the brakes.

Bastien tried to contact Ted Ciamillo, who was not responding to Bastien's emails. Given the situation, I contacted Ted Ciamillo directly to explain what happened. He told me that they had a problem with a component supplier and that he would repair my brakes free of charge.

I sent the brakes by certified mail, he confirmed that he has received them and that they had even been repaired. I have all the emails.

The problem is that after more than 3 months of waiting the brakes have not arrived at my house and Ted Ciamillo has not even been able to provide me with a shipping receipt where he could prove that he really sent me the brakes.

I find it incredible that after such a serious problem with some brakes and that the customer only wants to repair them, avoiding all kinds of complications, the owner of the brand, Ted Ciamillo, behaves in this way.

I have paid a lot of money for defective brakes, I have sent them in for repair and these brakes have never been returned to me and there is not even a proof of shipment. What happened? Did Ted Ciamillo keep the brakes I bought?

I honestly find this type of reputation management painful in a sector where customer satisfaction is so important.

Fortunately Bastian has reimbursed me the money which I have invested in some EEBrake. Dulight has a client forever while the Ciamillo brand has ceased to exist for me.

Congratulations on your efforts Ted!

Had the same exact issue with my brakes it snaps at the brake shoe holder. and when i contacted EWA if they can replace the brakes, they didnt even reply to my mail. so i emailed them again if i can buy the parts which was snapped, still they arent responding at all.

eurostar

by eurostar

Such a shame. The Zero Grav ones were so good back in the day. I'm really curious about the Chinese clone of the Lekki8.

Hellgate

by Hellgate

I ordered a set for a project back in late April they arrive this week. They look great.
Last edited by Hellgate on Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Deja vu. When do you people learn. If you like the guy so much, just send him money and expect nothing.

dj97223

by dj97223

Butcher wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:15 am
Deja vu. When do you people learn. If you like the guy so much, just send him money and expect nothing.
Yes. Ted has been doing "gofundme" before that was even a thing.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

Attermann

by Attermann

I think you mean Gofindme

xsnailx

by xsnailx

At least they have aliexpress buyer protection :)
eurostar wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:41 pm
Such a shame. The Zero Grav ones were so good back in the day. I'm really curious about the Chinese clone of the Lekki8.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Maddie

by Maddie

#gofundandthenfindme