Another Kickstarter Powermeter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

maquisard

by maquisard

RDY

by RDY

I mean it looks nice ... but Kickstarter PM ...

Also, the fact the video is in French and they didn't even subtitle it, on an overwhelmingly English-language crowd-funding platform, doesn't really speak too well to their thinking, organisational skills or business model.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

garbageman

by garbageman

There are captions in German, English, and Spanish (and French) - click the speech box icon.

Jolyon2002

by Jolyon2002

For a similar price it would probably be safer to get the Favero Assioma pedals but only time will tell.....

maquisard

by maquisard

If the creator of his project made powermeter axles that were compatible with Garmin Rally pedal bodies...

I have backed it - I am an engineer and I like supporting little projects of small industry like this.

ohexploitable

by ohexploitable

the logo and style look like the 1990s

maquisard

by maquisard

Yes, just like French graphic design and websites!

He needs a new marketting guy

HenryH

by HenryH

Cool. I really hope they succeed. We need someone to bring down the prices for power meters down. Been waiting for iQsquare for a long long time now. If they don't make it maybe these will?

shiiiison

by shiiiison

Is the issue with these KickStarter PM's more on the software side or hardware side? I'll all for inovative design but if its limited by software expertise.. this category might be a hard one to break into.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I'll let DC Rainmaker take the bait and just sit back and watch.

maquisard

by maquisard

shiiiison wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:05 pm
Is the issue with these KickStarter PM's more on the software side or hardware side? I'll all for inovative design but if its limited by software expertise.. this category might be a hard one to break into.
I think it is more "design for manufacture" and manufacturing engineering issues along with durability. Firmware and software is generally not a problem and can be updated in the field. If the hardware has a flaw it is there for the life of product and a workaround in firmware may or may not be possible.

shiiiison

by shiiiison

maquisard wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:16 am
shiiiison wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:05 pm
I think it is more "design for manufacture" and manufacturing engineering issues along with durability. Firmware and software is generally not a problem and can be updated in the field. If the hardware has a flaw it is there for the life of product and a workaround in firmware may or may not be possible.
@maquisard Thanks for that answer!

tritiltheend

by tritiltheend

A lot of the marketing is directed at selling power meters in general and there is relatively little concrete information on why you should choose these pedals over existing offerings. And 30 hours seems low compared with the competition, definitely not a once every now and then charge for a high mileage cyclist.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Yoln

by Yoln

So it's a heavier Garmin rally, with less battery life and probably no support/warranty after couple of months... count me in!

Seriously, their only innovation is the cross compatibility between road and MTB, but it got killed when Garmin released the rally, this project is dead before starting
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24