Campy Parts question - 11 speed shifter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

smartyiak

by smartyiak

I'm hoping someone can help me here:

I have 11sp Record shifters. I was replacing a rear derailleur cable and I noticed the nylon or plastic "Y" looking tingy (technical term) was cracked. On the rear shifter its on the upper left top/side of the shifter (it's yellowish).

Can anyone tell me: 1) what it's actaully called, 2) a part number, and 3) when I might find one/order one?

I'd think I jsut google, but I just can seem to find that part or a rebuilt kit that specifically says that part is included.

-Smarty

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

I don't know the part you are talking about.. but I am sure you will get answer here. : ) .. That said I am 90% sure Campy stopped providing shifter small parts and now just the "body with the internals" at a fair price ...

C

smokva

by smokva

smartyiak wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:56 pm
I'm hoping someone can help me here:

I have 11sp Record shifters. I was replacing a rear derailleur cable and I noticed the nylon or plastic "Y" looking tingy (technical term) was cracked. On the rear shifter its on the upper left top/side of the shifter (it's yellowish).

Can anyone tell me: 1) what it's actaully called, 2) a part number, and 3) when I might find one/order one?

I'd think I jsut google, but I just can seem to find that part or a rebuilt kit that specifically says that part is included.

-Smarty
I guess you are talking about Y splitter which routes cable on the back or front of the bars. I don't think it has it's name, but if it is what I think it is you can get one only as part of complete body kit...unfortunately.
I woul'd help you with part number of the kit, but I don't know which generation of 11 speed you have. Body kits can be found for cca 80 EUR.
My advice is to use it as it is, maybe just route the cable in a way that is not disrupted by damaged splitter.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

The "Y spiltter" is it! Thanks! I rigged something up that is shifting smooth so far. I'll try and get a body kit. It's a 2017 or 2018 (I got in 2018...but from PBK, so maybe NOS).

Thanks again!

smokva

by smokva

If you route cable like on the above picture I think it will work fine even without that Y splitter because cable goes straight from on hole to another. Since this is my preffered routing which givs me better hand comfort maybe you don't need new kit at all.