S works SL7 or Colnago V3Rs Help Decide

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pesto13

by pesto13

Hello all!

please help me decide on one of the two bikes.

I recently sold my 2019 S works Venge and I am debating if I should go with an SW SL7 or try the V3Rs. I would love to hear if anyone had the chance to ride both and how do they compare? is there one that feels more nimble than the other one? is the SL7 another Venge or does it rides differently than the model that I had? also, one thing that worries me and I am not sure is that I have heard from a couple of people that dealing with Italian bike warranties is more complicated than US brands like Specialized or Trek.

Thanks to everyone in advance.
:beerchug:

zappafile123

by zappafile123

This question has been asked before - there is some good info on the thread there so search. My 2c, definitely the SL7. The V3Rs is medicore.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hannawald

by hannawald

Focusing just on ride quality (design, brand image etc you need to asses yourself) V3Rs is a great bike, definitely superbike, I can't directly compare to SL7 (I tried SL6 and prefere V3RS) "mediocre" seems totally inapproprite expression to me. It is comfortable, agile, climbs and descends well..
Maybe look which geometry suits you better. I guess the differences between those bikes will be quite small and affected by the choice of wheels, tyres..

R2power

by R2power

My experience is not with V3rs but with older V2r in rim version. I have/had an issue with misaligned rear dropouts that was classified by Colnago as normal. That normal misalignment made my frame unable to use with 25mm tires (keep in mind they say 28mm was size you could also use in their marketing material) due to rub against rear chain stay. – This was sorted by using wedge style washer between the frame and rear hub (my solution not Colnagos’)
Other issue was with seat post that had paint chipping where wedge held the frame. Also had more wear on the seat post all around its circumference. – This was also classified as normal wear (bike has been ridden less than 20k km)
That’s customer service experience. Other difference between Colnagos and many other brands is in their trail figure. V3rs has approximately 10mm longer trail then SL7 and it is very noticeable while riding.

btw Specialized offers lifetime warranty while Colnago has 2+3 years

corky

by corky

My V3RS is the best handling, comfortable carbon bike I've owned, I love it.......but it's not very light(disc version).