Whoah Nino just finished his Scott C1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

It's that time of the year!
Ride lightly!

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

man that fork is hideous though...the aero fork looks much better. Why don't more companies make straight forks that weigh 300gm?...sigh...

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

520 Dan wrote:man that fork is hideous though...the aero fork looks much better. Why don't more companies make straight forks that weigh 300gm?...sigh...

Because it's too hard?

The walls on the Easton SLX fork are really thin, getting it consistent would not be a job for just anyone...
Ride lightly!

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Thats a good point, but I wasn't lamenting the lack of 300 gm forks, I was lamenting the lack of 300 gm STRAIGHT blade forks, because I prefer them from an aesthetic perspective. But you are absolutely right, 300gm for a fork is very light, manufacturing one is a task that only companies with a good reputation for quality and technological advances should take on.

jim

by jim

cool bike. even better is that i have nino beat at the moment by .1lb with my tcr :)

his wheelset is heavier than mine, and he can easily bring the weight of that bike down, so i have nothing to cheer about for too long lol. without a doubt, the scott frame is the weight weenie carbon frame of choice at the moment, if you can get it stateside. i'd save at least 150 grams by switching to it... i'll wait for the tcr advance, sans the gaudy paintjob, if that is possible.

the fork does look a little wimpy i have to agree, and i think nino's job of half wrapping the bar is a little lame. half wrapping of handlebars seems to be the norm these days. a little unsafe if you ask me, particularly as you have no end plugs on those handlebars!

Delpi

by Delpi

I have tested the Scott Superlite Fork but it's too much flexible!!!
My weight is 68 Kg :evil:

Now I use the Easton SLX Fork . :up:

I Think the look is better
It's stiffer than Scott fork
and the real weight is 299gr uncut (289 cut)

[edited by Frankie - B resized the pic]
Attachments
naamloos1.jpg
Ciao Zauri

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

Yes it looks better. Scott says their SL fork has a 75 kg weight limit but ugh anything flexy sux. Can´t wait to build up a CR1 for myself, my goal however will be to reach a modest 6.8 kg´s with an XXL frame and components who can take a daily pounding and my 85 kilos.

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I'm picking mine up on Sat.
Will have open pro rims on Ultegra hubs, but will but AC420 wheels later.

I'll keep my eye on the flex in the forks.

Brian

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

What I don't understand, maybe you or even the owner by himself can explain this to me: Nino is always reffering to the AC-420 as his 'wheelset for everyday use'. How come the rim surface is still as good as new. The black coating should have been gone for good even if the wheels have only 1-2 thousend miles on them. At least that would happen here, 500 miles north of Switzerland.

Is Switzerland really that clean so no debris or dust is collected between brake pads and rim? Did they ban rain down there? Doesn't Nino brake at all? Questions over questions ..

Oh, did I mention the bike looks awesome?

Joel

by Joel

Today I rode about 1 km in the wheel of someone with a Scott and it looks fantastic. The frame to buy :P

Tim the Pineapple

by Tim the Pineapple

Dr.Dos wrote:What I don't understand, maybe you or even the owner by himself can explain this to me: Nino is always reffering to the AC-420 as his 'wheelset for everyday use'. How come the rim surface is still as good as new. The black coating should have been gone for good even if the wheels have only 1-2 thousend miles on them. At least that would happen here, 500 miles north of Switzerland.

Is Switzerland really that clean so no debris or dust is collected between brake pads and rim? Did they ban rain down there? Doesn't Nino brake at all? Questions over questions ..

Oh, did I mention the bike looks awesome?

Well he is mostly mtber, if im correct. Ill ride mtb everyday if Thomas Frishchy was my friend.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Ummh, what does he need a road bike for then? Especially some bike in that price-range? Enthusiasm? Why is the wheelset referred to as 'set for every-day usage'?

I still don't get it.

Bruiser

by Bruiser

Some XC riders spend alot of time on their road bikes.
I'm a reasonable roadie but prefer XC riding.

Why not be a WW in both disciplines?

Brian

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I havn't noticed the flex in the forks, has anyone else?

I'm very happy with my CR1

Brian