Nimbl Ultimate Road Shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Does anybody have knowledge about the width of those shoes? i'm really interested in a pair of nimbl exceed but won't order before knowing the width. My email request wasn't answered and via instagram, they only send me table with length...

Karvalo

by Karvalo

ghisallo2003 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:46 pm
Cleat tracks? For Look it is the pedal that moves not the hole?
But not very far.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

eins4eins wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:27 am
Does anybody have knowledge about the width of those shoes? i'm really interested in a pair of nimbl exceed but won't order before knowing the width. My email request wasn't answered and via instagram, they only send me table with length...

Fairly TTS compared to most shoes. Compared to other Italian shoes, slightly longer and wider than Gaerne. Even wider and longer still compared to Sidi. The upper is pretty stiff when new and needs to be broken in.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Thanks! i'm using Shimano RC9 and Gaerne G.STL currently and width is fine. Nimbl should be ok then also.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

eins4eins wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:41 am
Thanks! i'm using Shimano RC9 and Gaerne G.STL currently and width is fine. Nimbl should be ok then also.

So basically if your G.STL a just long enough, I would choose the same size in Nimbl. If the G.STL have a lot of extra length in the toebox, try a half-size down.

Do you wear the same size in Shimano and Gaerne? I wear a half-size larger in Shimano.

1202thomas

by 1202thomas

Does anyone know how the fit and sizing is compared to Bont and the S-works 7?

riochang

by riochang

I have eu42 for both s-works 7 and nimbl ultimate, lengths are about the same but nimbl has wider toe box, similar to lake wide version.

Solo77

by Solo77

I have a pair of the Ultimate with some custom Sidas insoles and they are the best fitting shoes I have ever had. 44's were bang on for me and toe box is generous compared to many on the market

raffyyy

by raffyyy

The ultimates are garbage shoes I will never purchase from Nimbl ever again. They couldn't make the carbon tub symmetrial, so the arch area and near the ball of the foot on the right shoe is inconsistent, causing weird rubbing and a sloppy feel. Also, the owner Frank is a liar when he said he would refund me, but then stopped responding after he received the shoes. I had to chargeback and got my money back. I got Bonts and they're wayyyyy better build quality.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

raffyyy wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:58 pm
The ultimates are garbage shoes I will never purchase from Nimbl ever again. They couldn't make the carbon tub symmetrial, so the arch area and near the ball of the foot on the right shoe is inconsistent, causing weird rubbing and a sloppy feel. Also, the owner Frank is a liar when he said he would refund me, but then stopped responding after he received the shoes. I had to chargeback and got my money back. I got Bonts and they're wayyyyy better build quality.
On mine, the drilled out vents on the sole are clearly not even close to being in the same place on each shoe. It's kind of sad, really. I understand that a degree of handmadeness is "quaint," but this goes beyond that. The shoes simply aren't very comfortable on my feet. The collar is too high, there's inadequate heel retention and despite the toebox looking fairly round, it pushes my pinky toe in uncomfortably.

ry5n

by ry5n

Anyone using Nimbls with Speedplay? I usually need cleats all the way back on most shoes, and the Speedplay adaptor plate doesn't always sit flat.

A bit of a long shot, but can anyone speak to Speedplay compatibility with small-to-medium-size Nimbls?

Weber

by Weber

How did they come to have this year like 11 world tour teams ? Its is because the weight?

I can suspect they made custom models like sidi does with verylight weight

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

The price of these are sky high! I thought Bont was expensive but these are even more expensive.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

gruppetto

by gruppetto

Weber wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:17 am
How did they come to have this year like 11 world tour teams ? Its is because the weight?
If you are talking about the weight of money, then yes.

Lina

by Lina

Weber wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:17 am

I can suspect they made custom models like sidi does with verylight weight
It's called spending your marketing budget on athletes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com