The B E S T Computer Mount

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I don't get why I've never seen another person with these even though I've been running them for about three years now. They're almost universal, solid, cheap, and easy to install. There are like no downsides, y'all sleepin on it. If it wasn't obvious, you can change the angle and the bolt width, which makes it compatible with almost every stem out there. I've put it a Pro Vibe Sprint and it could have gone wider, but it probably wouldn't fit a narrower bolt width stem like a first gen Zipp SCSL or 3T ARX II, but thats sorta about it. Everything else is either uglier, heavier, more expensive, has less features, or is incompatible with other stems. No one paid me to put this up nor am I associated in any way with Fouriers, theres just too many threads out there asking the same question when everyone should just buy this thing and solve world hunger.

Product name: Fouriers HA-S022-4CA-N2

Product URL: https://www.fouriers-bike.com/en/COMPUT ... 28606.html

eBay link (live as of May 26, 2021): https://www.ebay.com/itm/233956635206

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

I mean. It's heavy, and expensive compared to others out there. I just picked up one that looks similar, but it's half the price ($18) and weighs less, including a GoPro mount that's removable. It's not universal (Tarmac stem), it it's adjustable on the stem. So it's lighter and cheaper and adjustable. Not sure you found the holy grail.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Moot argument since your mount isn't universal, which sort of is the whole point of this post.

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

dudemanppl wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:16 am
Moot argument since your mount isn't universal, which sort of is the whole point of this post.
Lol, okay, either is yours. You even said that yourself.
dudemanppl wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 11:36 pm
There are like no downsides...you can change the angle
It's heavier and more expensive than a lot of others. And the swivel to change the angle just adds another point of failure. Lots of downsides.I have a 3D printed one that is half the price and a third the weight (this is weightweenies you know). So better in every way.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I don't think its quite fair to compare compatibility with 4 stems vs 99% of the stems on the market. Your posts aren't contributing to the conversation, but congratulations on the ability to type.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

That mount look nice.
It certainly has its niche.

-There are many universal bolt width carbon fiber mount from China, they weight less and cost less ( Example) . But they aren't angle adjustable. So, if your stem have suitable bolt angle, it's better than this thing.
-If you know bolt pitch of your stem, you can order Raceware mount which is stiffer and weight less. You can also ask them to alter the angle before print it. But each unit only fit a specific bolt pitch.

So, what left for this mount to be the best option:
1) you don't care much about weight
2) you need angle adjustability
3) you plan to reuse this same mount on more than one stem type

There, if all of these 3 conditions fit you, it's (one of) the best option.

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

dudemanppl wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:50 am
I don't think its quite fair to compare compatibility with 4 stems vs 99% of the stems on the market. Your posts aren't contributing to the conversation, but congratulations on the ability to type.
Hahahaha, you're too funny. You made a very bold claim saying that this was the "BEST" computer mount and even compared it to solving world hunger, even if it was a joke. So you gotta expect some feedback. And like Hexsense said, it has a few cool features if you need them, but hardly near the best mount out there, and not even the cheapest or lightest. But what do I know, my only ability is how to type.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

Alex222

by Alex222

42g !!!!!

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Not B E S T at all.
Doesn't work for wahoo.
Heavy
The pivots aren't tensioned so if you push the unit it will tilt unless you support it when pushing buttons.
Go pro mount isn't detachable
Looks too bulky

So in conclusion. It's a mount and there are lots of them out there 😜

ohexploitable

by ohexploitable

yeah not impressed

tjvirden

by tjvirden

dudemanppl wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 11:36 pm
I don't get why I've never seen another person with these even though I've been running them for about three years now. They're almost universal, solid, cheap, and easy to install. There are like no downsides..........
Apart from......not being universal, solid, cheap, or easy to install.
Have you really not used any other sorts of computer mount? Or ridden much on bad pavement?

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

Since this is Weight Weeenies Ill have to vote for this one I bought since its about as super minimalist as you can get...
https://alpitude.cc/shop/garmin-carbon-out-front-mount/

welchy

by welchy

I can't see how the raceware mount for the garmin I bought for £10 from Merlin and 14grams could be bettered in value..

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

shoemakerpom2010 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 1:23 pm
Since this is Weight Weeenies Ill have to vote for this one I bought since its about as super minimalist as you can get...
https://alpitude.cc/shop/garmin-carbon-out-front-mount/

I was given one of these as a gift. It looks like it was made as a school project - sooooo much glue on it.

Absolutely not worth the money.

icyhotchaz

by icyhotchaz

Yeah i just get the 5 dollar aliexpress ones. Neat colors, too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com