The B E S T Computer Mount

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

usr

by usr

CarbonWorks wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:33 pm
Simply the best😉
Hey, they were asking for the best, not for the most biased ;)

Btw, how open are you to discuss novel mount ideas? My dream mount does not exist and I couldn't think of anyone more qualified than you to make it.

ms6073

by ms6073

CarbonWorks wrote:
Simply the best😉
Hope so. Ordered two last month with hopes that they will transit the Atlantic before the end of this month. :smartass:
Last edited by ms6073 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

Not the best. My Carbonworks for Darimo stem broken on both mounts and only holding a Garmin Edge 530.

enjo108

by enjo108

Has anyone found a good carbon one on AliExpress that can accomodate a wider bolt spacing, like 40mm?
There are many options, but most don't clarify bolt width limits.

DHG01

by DHG01

Hexsense wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 7:26 pm
Fixed angle mount angle totally depend on stem bolt angle, in addition to the stem angle itself.
----Meaning upper bolts point more up and lower bolts point more down.
I use, and quite pleased, with the OG Evkin posted previously. But it doesn't work in a Ritchey Classic stem precisely due to the reason you mention; 6° stem but with very far spread bolt angles. ¿Any recommendation there?

Alex222

by Alex222

DHG01 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:35 am
Hexsense wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 7:26 pm
Fixed angle mount angle totally depend on stem bolt angle, in addition to the stem angle itself.
----Meaning upper bolts point more up and lower bolts point more down.
I use, and quite pleased, with the OG Evkin posted previously. But it doesn't work in a Ritchey Classic stem precisely due to the reason you mention; 6° stem but with very far spread bolt angles. ¿Any recommendation there?
I contacted Malcolm from Raceware Direct, who can 3D print a mount to your specific requirements. I too have a Ritchey stem, so had to go for a custom option.

robeambro

by robeambro

ome rodriguez wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:03 pm
Not the best. My Carbonworks for Darimo stem broken on both mounts and only holding a Garmin Edge 530.

Mine also broke, but it was a long time ago. I never bothered again. I just thought I'd share my negative experience cause I was bothered by the self-promotional post. :roll:

JJ56

by JJ56

I really like my Precotec mount. I believe this was the predecessor to the carbon works model? I'm not sure if it's still available.

Very strong, adjustable angle and reach, 27g including fixings, holds my edge 530 rock solid. A little fiddly to fit, and needs a stem with the faceplate threads exposed at the rear.

Last edited by JJ56 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alfus

by Alfus

CarbonWorks wrote:

Simply the best😉
Until it breaks....

robbosmans

by robbosmans

These are my favorite mounts, available for many different stems. They are just rock solid and have a decent weight. They are sold by a number of different vendors.

https://ccache.cc/collections/latest/cc ... ype=Mounts

https://framesandgear.com

KCookie

by KCookie

ome rodriguez wrote:Not the best. My Carbonworks for Darimo stem broken on both mounts and only holding a Garmin Edge 530.

Exactly the same happened to mine the other week. Simon is replacing it but my brand new Garmin 530 is now full of chips and scratches, screen and back.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Zero7

by Zero7

Steve Curtis wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 11:06 am
Not B E S T at all.
Doesn't work for wahoo.
Heavy
The pivots aren't tensioned so if you push the unit it will tilt unless you support it when pushing buttons.
Go pro mount isn't detachable
Looks too bulky

So in conclusion. It's a mount and there are lots of them out there 😜
+1

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Alfus wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:40 am
CarbonWorks wrote:

Simply the best😉
Until it breaks....
Yeah, simply the best at snapping 😂 fail

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

I have spent so long looking at mounts for my bikes and never found anything that looks and works as well as the tate labs solution for Fizik Stems.

My criteria:
- Clean cockpit
- Computer sits flush with stem
- Minimal gap between bottom of the computer and handlebars.

I've decided to stay on fizik stems just because of the mount. Won't last much longer now that both aren't being made anymore.
IMG_2997_thumb.jpeg
IMG_6631.jpg
IMG_6640.jpg
I've also tried a few versions that replace the bottom screws in the stem like those above and never felt comfortable using them because the potential failures, also shown above. If anyone had any other options, please share!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wooger

by wooger

Bobbyc123 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:11 pm
I've also tried a few versions that replace the bottom screws in the stem like those above and never felt comfortable using them because the potential failures, also shown above. If anyone had any other options, please share!
Yep, no way I trust anything that relies on a $20 piece of plastic or carbon to be part of my handlebar fixing mechanism. I want aluminium at minimum.

Ultimately, why doesnt' every high-end stem manufacturer just bundle these few dollars of plastic as part of their stem, or at least provide fixing points on their stem faceplate separate to the very important bolts? Problem solved reliably and safely for everyone.