Cipollini Bond 2: 7.25kg with pedals. Fork dropout measurement added.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Oms

by Oms

Cipollini Bond 2 - tight fork?
Cipollini Bond 2 - tight fork?
Brand new bike - paint chipped off already from removing/fitting the front wheel... what will happen to the carbon once the paint's gone?

Dealer spoke to Cipollini/Paligap. Apparently that's how they are all built (not wanting to compress the fork onto the wheel). That said, I'm having to pull the fork apart to fit the wheel so that makes 6 and 1/2 a doz? Hmm, time will tell. 10 year warranty thankfully.

Bike is nice though (out of the saddle, it climbs very well compared to my last one). Only 70 miles covered to far.

nismosr

by nismosr

hows the build doing Oms .. is that a mycipo color ? is the pink color code Fuchsia pink ?
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Oms

by Oms

nismosr wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:58 pm
hows the build doing Oms .. is that a mycipo color ? is the pink color code Fuchsia pink ?
That's a good question - on their mycipo site, they only list "pink" which is what I thought I ordered from the dealer... and the other colour is listed as "fuchsia". Two different names.

This looks to be somewhere in-between. It's certainly not the Pantone 197c (pink) that I was expecting... and too light to be Fuchsia. That said, I like it (looks lovely in natural light - not so much under artificial lighting, hence the photo looks weird).

You might be better off ordering a standard colour (for better consistency - any warranty claim for either frame or fork could lead to different colours?), and you might also be better off ordering a disc brake frame (on the rim brake version, the fork is certainly undersized)... or just get a frame from a more reputable manufacturer. 🤣