Anything new from Cannondale?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like Cannondale Road has been quiet lately (I haven't checked this forum in a while dont crucify me if I missed something). Anything coming down the pipeline from them (rumors, concrete, or otherwise)?

Robius

by Robius

2016 Felt AR2 Di2
Retired:
2017 Giant TCR Pro 2
2015 Cannondale Synapse 6

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grover

by grover

I've heard talk of a SuperSix CX. Maybe the same as what's linked to above, SuperSix Evo SE. Essentially a new CX/gravel bike with 40mm clearance based on the SuperSix platform.

Cemicar

by Cemicar

I wonder how much Cannondale's sale figures has changed lately. COVID-19 might have boosted it eventually, but I've never seen anybody riding the current Supersix Evo. Given that the first and second gens of the bike have been highly regarded, I'm not sure they successfully moved to disc brakes like Spec or Trek.

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

There are SuperSix SE and CX frames on the UCI approved list from October and have been various shop website leaks with specs and rendered images. Earlier in the year the websites were syaing available from April, and now it's September, so let's see. The specs given looks like current SuperX Ai rear end, 83mm BB and wide tyre clearance on a SuperSix looking frame design.

ff119

by ff119

I spoke to someone there when trying to figure out which frame size as I was in between, very helpful but he did say parts are a nightmare and new bikes are the same right now. They are struggling to keep up with demand and have a lot of upset owners. Fingers crossed I don't need spares for a while!

Stueys

by Stueys

Hard time to be a manufacturer, you can launch a new bike but then you have the issue of being unable to source components for it or you just launch with insane lead times. Cervelo have said they are sitting on their new R5 launch until they can get clarity on lead times, suspect many are doing the same.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u4_Ep8JbY8
WIth BB30 and this kind of design why would you want a Cannondale?

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Nothing wrong with BB30 or BB30a in my experience.

Your mileage may vary
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

soonerrebel

by soonerrebel

bikewithnoname wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 9:29 pm
Nothing wrong with BB30 or BB30a in my experience.

Your mileage may vary
I have four BB30/BB30A Cannondale's and have no problems either.