Pads for upper part of shoes? (Shallow area in front of ankle)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RDY

by RDY

I have a shallow Calcaneus / Cuboid area, which makes Boa shoes (almost all mid to high end road shoes) problematic, as there's only so much that area of the shoe can be tightened.

Does anyone know of pads that one can buy or have custom made to slip in between the shoe and the sock to fill out this area?

Or do I have to give up on Boa shoes and find something with Velcro?

Pics below.
IMG_20210511_141646.jpg
IMG_20210511_141658.jpg
IMG_20210511_141709.jpg
IMG_20210511_141722.jpg

jagheterjan

by jagheterjan

I had kind of the same issue (feet with high insteps and the BOAs on my slightly too big Northwaves dug into my midfoot creating some quite irritating pressure there) and worked around by sticking gel pads underneath the BOAs. The pads I found at the local drugstore, they're intended to aid in pressure relief to the forefoot for women wearing high heels. Pads themselves are relatively thin and come with sticky tape, so it's easy to fit or replace them. Link incase you wonder what I'm talking about.
Worked pretty decent until I changed to Lake shoes, those fit like a glove with no pressure points anywhere.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

icyhotchaz

by icyhotchaz

jagheterjan wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:21 pm
I had kind of the same issue (feet with high insteps and the BOAs on my slightly too big Northwaves dug into my midfoot creating some quite irritating pressure there) and worked around by sticking gel pads underneath the BOAs. The pads I found at the local drugstore, they're intended to aid in pressure relief to the forefoot for women wearing high heels. Pads themselves are relatively thin and come with sticky tape, so it's easy to fit or replace them. Link incase you wonder what I'm talking about.
Worked pretty decent until I changed to Lake shoes, those fit like a glove with no pressure points anywhere.
Hate my Northwaves so much for this same reason. Will check out the pads, and maybe some Lakes, too.