SRAM etap axs shifter/ hood length

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JohnPeopleman

by JohnPeopleman

I've done a bit of searching and haven't found a suitable answer. Is the hood length or reach of SRAM etap axs significantly longer? I'm a Campagnolo user and when I look at images of axs (I don't live near a SRAM dealer) it looks like it's much longer. Is there anyone with experience that can comment. Is the difference enough to be taken into consideration of total bar reach (which is why I'm asking)?

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

I had the rim brake AXS, and I ride Campy. The reach on the hoods is about the same, but I found the AXS levers less comfortable ( may be a different answer for the disc brake hoods).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DaveS

by DaveS

I use force axs mechanical levers too. I saw no difference between them and Campy 12. I found them to be just as comfortable as Campy. The pictures do look like the hoods are longer, but not as long as shimano look. Worst case, a shorter stem is needed. The length adjustment doesn't have to be done with bar reach.

JohnPeopleman

by JohnPeopleman

DaveS wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:22 pm
I use force axs mechanical levers too. I saw no difference between them and Campy 12. I found them to be just as comfortable as Campy. The pictures do look like the hoods are longer, but not as long as shimano look. Worst case, a shorter stem is needed. The length adjustment doesn't have to be done with bar reach.
Thanks for the input everyone. It really does look longer but it must just be down to camera angles etc. If it were an actual issue, I'm sure it would have popped up many more times in forums.